Chapter 11

PLEASE GO VOTE FOR AMERICAS WEDDING DRESS FOR MAXERICA ACADEMY ON INSTAGRAM. @maxericaforeverrebellious Like ONE of the dresses (the one you like best) or comment on my insta or on any of my chapters.

~oOo~

The blaring alarm pierced through my dreams and forced me awake. My maids were all surrounding my bed with frantic looks in there eyes. Anne was pulling me out of bed, while
Mary slipped my robe on over my night gown, and Lucy forced me feet into my slippers. My mind barely had time to register what was happening as they forced me through a hole in the wall that wasn't previously there.

My mind cleared and my feet froze. "What about you guys?"

"There are safe rooms for us else where," Anne informed me quickly pushing me gently again.

I dug my feet into the carpet. "Why am I going somewhere different?"

"Because you need to be in the royal safe room," Mary said.

"Wherever I go, you go. I want the same treatment for you."

I pulled on Mary and Lucy's arms until they followed me down the staircase. Anne followed protesting loudly the whole way down.

Silvia rushed towards me as soon as I walked into the underground cave, checking something off on her clipboard that she never seemed to put down. Seriously, I think she sleeps with it hugged against her chest. Or maybe she just doesn't sleep. She looks like she spent hours getting ready.

"Good! You brought help! You can go pass out water and food over there," Silvia directed my maids.

"No." I stopped my maids from moving by placing a hand in front of them. "I want them with me."

Silvia pursed her lips before marking something on her clipboard. She walked over to Queen Amberley and began chatting with her. I swore I saw her point at me and smile, but what do I know.

"America!" Kriss called to me as soon as I got over to her, my maids trailing behind me.

"Hey Kriss!" I greeted.

Mischief shined in her eyes. "I heard that there narrowing the selection down to 15 tomorrow and it'll probably have to do to our reaction to this attack."

Mary's ears perked up and she turned towards the chatty brunette. "I heard the same thing! I heard across the great vine that they're already selecting for the elite!"

"The elite!" Kriss gasped. "They still have like 20 or so girls!"

EntLucy joined in. "I heard that too, but I heard that there choosing who they must have in the elite and than choosing other girls as they narrow it down."

"That's insane!"

"You guys are such gossips!" Anne and I said the same time.

"Sorry America," Kriss giggled. "I'm just trying to get my mind off the attack. If I think of other things I won't ponder leaving. I can't leave."

"Why do you want to be queen so much?" I wondered.

She looked like a dad caught in headlights. "Um......my family. For my family. They need a better life."

"Weren't you a three?" I asked.

"Yes, but my family wasn't very well respected."

"Wasn't your dad a scientist?"

"Yes, but not a very good one, okay?"  She says with finality.

"Okay," I agreed hesitantly, looking at her wearily.

She looked away and busied herself in a forced conversation with Mary and Lucy. Anne had cuddled up on a cot fur some much needed rest, so I stood up to talk to some of the other girls when I noticed something. Queen Amberley was yelling at people, tears streaming down her face, and guards were running out the door. I looked around to see what was causing the commotion and distress when I realized someone wasn't here. . Maxon wasn't here.

I sprinted over to Queen Amberley. "Your Majesty, what is going on?"

"Maxon, my baby," she sobbed. "I don't know where he is! He hasn't come to the safe room yet, and I'm worried that one of those rebels has got him!"

I took her hand. "Calm down. You just need to take a deep breath. I'm sure that he couldn't make it here in time and is in one of the maids safe rooms."

I'm not sure if I was trying to convince her or me.

"But what if he's not? What if they've taken him...or k-k-k..."

"Shhhh," A voice calmed her from become me. Kriss was standing by our side instantly trying to soothe Amberley. "I can assure you that Prince Maxon will not be harmed."

"How can you know that?" Amberley sniffed.

"Because men might not be key in our country, but The Prince is strong. And this is most likely not a southern rebel attack," Kriss assured her.

"How do you know about the different types of rebels?" Amberley questioned.

"I read about it," Kriss covered up.

I helped Queen Amberley up. "Now why don't you stand up and go lay down on a cot. Just get some rest and don't think about it. When you wake up all will be well."

"I'm so worried. I just wish I could make it better for him," She sighed. "He deserves so much more than just being kept around to create an heir. He deserves love, and a wife, and his spot on the throne, but I can't do anything. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but I've always wanted to give him the throne. But I don't have that right, only the future queen does. It not fair to him."

I rubbed her shoulders soothingly and helped her onto a cot before lying down on the one next to her. As I fell asleep her words echoed in my head.

When we rushed out of the safe room later Maxon was there waiting. Amberley rushed over to him in a very un-queenly like manner and embraced him. He returned the hug and rubbed her back soothingly as she cried into his shoulder. But I couldn't blame her

I wanted to hug him too.

We met eyes and he sent me a look that conveyed that he was fine. And he tugged on his ear.

From than on that was our sign.

~oOo~

I was up and out of my bed and throwing the door open as soon as the knock sounded at my door. I barely had time to make sure it was him before I jumped into his arms and kissed him senseless. I had the sense to kick the door closed first before wrapping my arms around his neck and never letting go.

"I was so worried," I mumbled.

He chuckled lightly. "I'm okay I swear. My mothers loves you though. She said you have helped her through way too much lately."

"That's a good thing right?"

"A very good thing," he replied, kissing me lightly.

"I really did miss you," I mumbled.

"I missed you too."