Chapter 7

I was sitting on my balcony enjoying the hot Angeles air. Something that was very unfamiliar to Carolinas frigid breezes. It was my first peaceful day in the palace. As a Sunday, it is considered a day of rest. Monday through Friday is our days of work, training, and schooling. On Saturday's we hosted guests. But Sunday was our day of peace and rejuvenation.

To celebrate my day of rest, I had lemonade sent to my room. I wear a Comfy sky blue sundress, sunglasses, flip flips, and an over the top floppy hat. An outfit I am deeming only worthy of one on or time with the sun.

So now I lay in a lawn chair, on the balcony, in my Sunday Sundress, a glass of lemonade in hand, trying to tan my un-tannable skin. The quiet was relaxing. The lemonade was refreshing. The dress was revealing and respectable. I had all the r's I needed for a good Sunday.

There were a couple quick, rapid knocks on my door, interrupting my era of peace. I blinked once, slowly in aggravation and stood up to answer it. I pulled it open and was surprised to see Prince Maxon on the other end. My eyes widened and I smiled nervously. Why was he here?

"Hi," he greeted, awkwardly. "So I arranged the video chat for today."

I raised an eyebrow in question.

"The one with Celia and Kamber. Aspens sisters. He really wants to meet them and you probably miss them, so I just thought..."

"That would be amazing!" I squealed and hugged him. I let go awkwardly and pursed my lips. "Who is Aspen?"

"Their brother," Maxon replied.

"Oh yes. The guard. They will be overjoyed to meet him!" I enthused.

"Wonderful. I arranged for a computer to be sent to their grandmother in Carolina. The chat is set up in my room. You can meet Aspen than we will get Right to it," He smiled.

I smiled in return and followed him out of the room. Still in my Sunday Sundress and floppy hat.

~oOo~

I completely ignored the interior of Maxons high class room as I was face to face with the spitting image of Celia and Kamber Legar. He had the same shiny jet black hair as them. No matter how it was styled you would be able to tell they were related by their hair. He also had he same piercing green eyes. That seemed to see right past you and into your soul.

I just gaped at him. Something that Maxon probably didn't find very ladylike. Oops.

"Aspen Legar," the green-eyed boy introduced.

I quickly composed myself and extended a hand. "America Singer."

He kissed my hand formally and bowed. I curtsied formally and we both laughed.

"You look just like them," I blurted.

He smiled charmingly. "That's good to hear."

"It's kind of creepy," I disagreed. "You could all be triplets. Except there twins."

"Their twins?" He questioned.

I nodded. "Yep. Identical."

"Interesting," Aspen commented.