one

vote & comment if you want moreee (◡‿◡✿)

+

*Calum's POV*

"Calum, I'm open!" I hear Ashton shout from across the field, and I look up to see his sweaty hair bouncing around while he runs, stepping around defenders left and right.

Dribbling around my opposing teammates, I dodge everyone and send the ball flying to Ashton, who captures it in between his feet.

I sprint ahead, around a few opponents and run to an open spot on the field.

"Ash, pass back, pass back!" I shout, receiving the soccer ball just in time to slam it into the goal, watching it soar past Luke's outstretched hands. A few of my teammates clap me on the back, congratulating me on scoring the winning goal when our coach yells out to us from the sidelines, calling us over.

"Alright pansies, good scrimmage today, we still need to work on marking up though. I wanna see more energy by our first game. Hit the showers now, you all smell." He jokes once the whole team has gathered around him. Everyone's sweaty and gross from our weekly scrimmage against each other, and coach isn't joking when he says we smell.

We do.

The team disperses and the boys find their way to me as we head into the school for showers.

"Just so you know, the only reason you scored that goal was because I got something in my eye." Luke scoffs, shaking the sweat from his long, quiffed hair. Sometimes I wonder how his head can hold up so much hair, it looks like it weighs a ton.

"Right... 'you got something in your eye'..." I air quote around my words, not believing him for a second. Luke's too prideful to admit that I whooped his ass.

"I did too, you asshole..." He shoves me goodheartedly, and I fall into Ashton, who's busy wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Hey, don't hurt the moneymaker..." I gesture to my face, bouncing off Ash.

I go back to push him, but Ashton's suddenly alert. I'm sure the force of my sweaty body hitting his was enough to want us to stop.

"Ladies... ladies... calm your tits." He laughs, watching as Luke and I give each other faces, but make our way into the locker room in peace. The bright red and whites cover the entire room, showing off an excessive amount of school spirit. We spread out, joining our team as we move to our lockers.

"So... first day of school tomorrow... any new chicks on your radar Cal?" Luke calls from his locker, while I open up mine.

"Man, you know it... you should've seen the chick I bagged this summer, hot as shit. Too bad she doesn't go to our school." I smirk in Ash and Luke's direction, pulling out a towel from my locker and rubbing off the layer of grime that collected on my skin.

"Always the player, Calum... always the player..." Ashton clucks his tongue while he changes out of his practice clothes.

"Hey, the ladies want what the ladies want..." I shrug smugly, pulling on an old band shirt.

"Yea, well tell us about this mystery chick..." Luke wiggles his eyebrows and the two of them crowd around me, pressing me against the wall of lockers.

"How hot is she?" Ashton presses.

"Twelve out of ten," I reply with confidence. I can clearly remember her from brown hair, the sandy highlights would always light up under the summer sun. And her eyes. She had these bright green eyes that just took my breath away whenever she looked at me. But all the boys need to know is that she's hot. I don't want them to think I'm going soft or anything.

"Did you get anywhere with her?" Luke asks.

"What kind of question is that, I'm Calum Hood aren't I?" I say with a smirk, evading the truth. Honestly, I didn't sleep with her, it wasn't that type of relationship where I just did her all the time, but people don't need to know that Calum Hood couldn't get inside a girls pants.

It would disrupt the entire ecosystem if they found out.

"Are you ever gonna bring her around?" Ashton questions.

"Nah man, she was just a summer fling. Nothing more." I shrug calmly, but my stomach is buzzing.

This summer was the best I ever had. We spent all our time at the beach, just splashing in the waves and running in the sand. We got ice cream almost every day, and she always complained that I was trying to fatten her up. We would meet up at sunrise and just hang out for the entire day doing nothing, which meant everything. She was unlike any girl I'd ever met, she was... captivating.

Luke and Ash don't need to know that though. They don't need to know that I'd fallen head over heels for a girl. They don't need to know that I never even tried to get into her pants. She was different... but they don't need to know that.

All they need to know is that Calum Hood scored another girl, and is back and ready for more. I'm the player and this is my game.

That's how it's always been.

That's how it always will be.

+

spread this like wildfire and vote and comment and the whole shebang

ill start doing dedications when this reaches 1k reads so get to work little munchkins

snap crackle pop rice krispies ~brenna