eight

vote and comment obvs but ALSO STOP HATING ON IRON MAN YOU BITCHES PACK YOUR THINGS AND GET OUT BC I DONT NEED THAT NEGATIVITY AROUND MY STORY

have a good day and enjoy the chapter (:

oh heads up this chapter sucks btw

+

The move began like it normally does, with my mom trying to pick up the hot furniture mover guy.

I'm busy hauling boxes out of the truck, but there she is, flipping her hair and pouting her lips as if her one and only daughter isn't doing all the work. Typical.

The new house is tiny, as usual, but actually one of the nicer ones we've lived in over the years. It looks normal, almost like a normal family could live here, but instead it's just us. It's cute, white with blue shutters and a little picket fence, very typical. My mom's always picking up low wage jobs wherever we go, from being secretaries to store clerks. This time she picked up a waitressing job at the local diner and some shifts at the grocery store, that's the only way we could afford to live here.

The salty ocean air is strong here, since we're just a few blocks from the beach that I went to last week, and Caden runs around in the small yard, sniffing everything and anything he sees while I work on carrying the boxes out of the truck. He likes the yard here, and I don't blame him. A few times we had to keep him in apartments, and he was always so unhappy.

Taking a break from working for a second, I pull out my phone, checking to see if I have any messages. None. It's been like that for a week. A week since I met Calum, and still nothing. I keep catching myself thinking about him, about that day. I thought we had a good thing, I mean, aside from almost getting arrested, but maybe I misjudged his interest in me.

But I'm not going to wait around for someone who's not interested.

I finish placing a few packages inside the help with the assistance of the other moving guy, and I feel like getting away from my mother and her slutty habits so I clip a lease on Caden and call over to my mom, who was making sure her boobs were on full display for the mover.

"Mom, I'm going on a walk!" She doesn't even turn around, just waves me off. "C'mon boy," I beckon to Caden quietly, slipping out through the little white fence and heading towards the beach.

The walk is short, mainly filled with Caden trying to pee on every mailbox we pass, but I like the fresh air, looking at all the houses in the neighborhood and trying to memorize the layout of the town so I won't get lost. I like how close the beach is to our house, and I like the town in general. I think we picked a good one this time. Hopefully we'll stay a while.

The beach is practically abandoned in the overcast weather, which makes it even better to walk along, just me and Caden and the wind. It's a nice break from everything.

I can't help but think about Calum. It was one day, I shouldn't be feeling so upset about this. But shouldn't he have called by now? Sent a text or something? I guess he just doesn't feel the same way.

I pass by the ice cream shop Calum and I went to, forcefully tugging Caden away from the seagull he was trying to sniff. Out of nowhere, I hear a familiar voice from behind me, and I whip around suddenly to see Calum running towards me.

"Calum?" What the hell is he doing here? It's like 9 am on a Tuesday.

"Carter. Carter, thank god." He pants, out of breath from his sprint down the beach. His hair is matted down and his face is tinted a little red, looking extremely adorable in a tank top and basketball shorts. "I have come to this beach every day looking for you." He regains his breath while I'm caught off guard by his words.