thirteen

• 點播給 all of you (:

yo yo yo brenna didnt take an entire eon to update more like only half an eon so praise me also like can we take a fucking second to admire that gif wowie

+

recap; carter thinks calum was with other girls when they were together and calum thinks carter was with other guys when they were together thanks to amandas lies and carter and max are kinda a thing and jess is having a party so yay

+

*Carter's POV*

"That looks like a giant penis." I hear Calum's voice cut through my concentration.

I glance out of the corner of my eye to where Calum sits next to me, looking condescendingly at the sandcastle I was attempting to sculpt. Caden sits obediently next to him, occasionally going in to lick Calum's cheek, but the boy doesn't even blink. I guess he's used to my dog assaulting him by now.

"Shut up, it's not done yet." I grumble back, filling another bucket full of sand and patting it down.

"Hey don't be sassy, it's not my fault it looks like a dick." He laughs, sliding closer to me and grabbing a bucket.

"Well it's not my fault you are a dick," I taunt right back, attempting to shove him away from me even though he only scoots closer.

He doesn't say anything back, instead sitting shoulder to shoulder next to me. I can feel him staring at me but I just ignore him as I continue to pile sand into the bucket. Flipping over the bucket, one of my sand structures crumbles immediately and I groan. These things are impossible to build.

'Here, you're doing it wrong," He chuckles and starts to shovel sand into his bucket.

"Since when do you know everything about sandcastles?" I scoff, but I let him help my gigantic failure of a creation. He stays concentrated on the golden brown sand but answers my question.

"Since I won a sandcastle building contest when I was eight," He says proudly. "Bobby Finstock didn't stand a chance," He boasts and I burst out laughing.

"Oh my bad, go right ahead supreme sandcastle ruler..." I say sarcasticaslly and he glares at me and snatches a sand tool from my hand.

"I will." He sneers and turns back to the sandcastle, working to add more towers along the edge while I sit there and pet Caden, letting "the master" do his work. By the time he seems to be finished, it doesn't look much better than mine did, but the penis shape was gone at least. Caden starts to squirm in my arms but I try to control him as Calum turns to me with a smug grin.

"Now look at tha-" He starts to say but Caden suddenly surges out of my arms, barreling right through Calum's newly built sandcastle and bounding towards a stray seagull that was waddling by the water. The castle came crumbling down and shock takes over Calum's face.

'Shit!" He shouts, popping up on his feet. "Come back here you fucker!" He takes off sprinting after the dog, racing towards the edge of the water where the border collie attempts to wrangle to bird, though it immediately flys away.

"Calum it's just a sandcastle you idiot!" I shout to him with a laugh, looking between the demolished creation at my feet and the showdown between Calum and my dog. My dog gave up on the bird and was now focused on Calum, his tongue hanging out of his mouth while Calum circles around him, his face lit up in laughter.

"It's not just a sandcastle, Carter, it's my dignity!" He shouts back, and I climb to my feet, already jogging over to him, but my dog gets to him first, tackling him to the ground and sticking his tongue out to lick his face. I can't help but be reminded of the first time me and Calum met, when Caden tackled him for his ice cream, and I bursrt out laughing.