six

vote or comment or ill probably be v sad

+

"Calum, where are we going?" I laugh as he suddenly grabs my hand and starts tugging me down the beach. Caden jogs beside us, and I have no idea what Calum has in mind, but I see that he's heading towards the parking lot, away from the beach.

"Somewhere..." He turns around and gives me a wink, continuing to pull me along. Deciding to ignore the butterflies in my stomach and the tingles in my hand from where our fingers collided, I stay quiet until I look down and remember what I'm wearing.

"But I don't even have a shirt on!" The blue sports bra and black shorts I have on probably wont suffice for wherever we're going. In fact, the more I think about it, the more embarrassed I get. God, I hope Calum doesn't think I'm easy or something. It was just the first thing I pulled out of the moving boxes this morning. Shit, that's probably why he's even paying attention to me. He's probably not even interested.

Calum looks at my current outfit and looks away quickly when he realizes just how little I'm wearing, his cheeks lighting up in soft pink. "Oh, um..." He takes a second to collect his thoughts. "I think I have a shirt in my car..." He flicks his head towards a slick black car in the parking lot we're nearing.

"I'm not getting in a car with you, I'm still not sure whether you're a serial killer or something," I laugh, but I actually am hesitant to drive somewhere with a stranger, it'd be a great murder plot.

Calum laughs deeply before he responds. "Okay, one, I swear I'm not a serial killer... and two, we don't need to drive, it's just down the street. Lemme just grab that shirt and then we can walk."

I half shrug and half nod my agreement, thinking that it sounds un-serial-killer-y enough for me. Walking over to his car, he pops the trunk open and pulls out a backpack, which he pulls on, and a big t-shirt, with some band I had never heard of written on it. After slipping it on, it became obvious just how much bigger Calum is than me, but at least I'm not half-naked anymore. I don't think much of it again until I turn around and see Calum snigger slightly.

"Hey..." I defend myself, crossing my arms and turning away from him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Calum laughs. "I'm sorry Carter, really, it's cute." He's still laughing, but he's too cute not to forgive him immediately, even though I was never really holding a grudge against him. After all, he did get mulled by my dog.

"Let's just go, Hood." I roll my eyes and start off towards the sidewalk. He catches up to me quickly and the walk into the main section of town is over shortly. Before we even get there I can tell where Calum is taking me. The window displays worn guitars and old vinyl records, and the bells jingle as soon as we enter the music store.

Calum immediately heads to the back of the store, where records filled the shelves in complete disorder, and a thin layer of dust covered the stacks. Strangely, the musty smell and aging vinyls made the store much more welcoming, I already feel like I could spend hours here, and I don't even listen to much music.

"Okay, pick something out." Calum crosses his arm and watches me patiently.

"You want me to pick out a record?" I question. We already covered that I know next to nothing about music.

"Yeah, I want to see what you pick out..." I shrug at his response, and scan the stacks of music, looking for something that stands out, but nothing did. After a minute of looking, I just pull out a random one from the shelf. The Ramones. I think I've heard of them before.