eleven

heyo losers vote and comment

+

A huge boom of thunder rolls through the house, practically shaking the floor and the couch where Calum and I sat, watching a movie.

"Holy shit," I tremble. I hate thunderstorms, I don't even have a solid reason, they just freak me out.

Calum doesn't seem bothered by it, his eyes are glued to the movie, which is, of course, The Lego Movie, which he insisited on having me over to watch. A bowl of popcorn lies between us, and I'm curled up in a blanket, too scared by the thunderstorm to pay much attention to the television.

"What?" He tears his eyes away from the tv and looks at me in concern, not at all worried about the flashes of lightning rippping through the sky.

"I hate thunderstorms," I jolt a little as another boom of thunder shakes the house, and I clench the blanket tighter around me.

"Awwww," He pouts his lips, moving the bowl of popcorn out of the way and opening up his arms. "Come here."

I swear I go bright red. He wants me to cuddle? Like, with him? Is he sure?

I slide over before I talk myself out of it, and his arms latch around me immediately, holding me tight against his body. I rest my head on his chest hesitantly, and he spreads the blanket over both of us, so we're both huddled together like a little burrito. I can feel his heartbeat thudding and the sound of his breathing and the movie is the only thing I hear for a few minutes, until another rumble of thunder sounds and I jump up, startled.

"You're such a baby," He teases, and I turn to glare at him. I can't help it that the sound of the world grumbling creeps me out a bit.

"Am not," I argue.

"Are too," He teases back, a huge smile on his face, but he just clutches me closer to him, allowing me to rest his head on my shoulder. We sit in silence for a while, the only sounds coming from the movie and the steady beat of the rain pounding against the roof. I don't pay much attention to the movie, I focus more on his breathing and the way he pulls me tightly against him, like he's never going to let go.

My eyes are fluttering shut when Calum decides to exclaim.

"What'd you think?" I startle awake at the sound of his voice, and when I look at the television I'm surprised to see the credits rolling. Oops.

"Um, yeah yeah," I lie, "It was good." I look down at my watch in a bad attempt to avoid this conversation and see that it's past ten. "I should really get going."

Reluctantly standing up, I can still hear the pouring rain and thunder that pounds against the house and I'm seriously regretting telling my mom that I'd walk home.

"No, no, no!" Calum exclaims, lunging his hand out and grasping onto my wrist, spinning me around preventing me from leaving. "You can't go."

"But it's getting late..." I protest. It's not like I want to go, but I don't want to overstep my boundaries.

"It's not that late," Calum whines, tugging me even closer to where he was snuggled up on the couch. "Plus, it's still storming outside, it would be very inconsiderate of me to let you go out there in this weather." He looks at me with wide eyes, impatiently waiting my response.

"...Fine." I reply, and Calum starts to wiggle around like a little five year old and I can't help but giggle at him as he pulls me onto his lap. He pulls the blanket around us even tighter and buries his head into my neck, his fluffy hair tickling my jawline.