01| he is arrogant

01 // He is arrogant

◆●◆

"SIR, MR. RANDHAWA is not available. He is asking if you can postpone the meeting a week later because he can't drop in until this weekend." A young man speaks. His face is pale white and his hair is jet black in the moonlight which is currently washing his face.

"Why so ?"Asks his boss, Mr. Manik Malhotra who is intently gazing the night sky as if it was telling him something. His hands clinging in his pocket and his tone calm.

"He has some emergency Sir. I asked him the reason but he shoved it away saying it is his personal thing and not an announcement to be made to the public" He answered and turned his heel to leave him alone.

"Something more important than the deal? The deal which ties both the companies together? The deal which slipped away from many worthy hands to reach him? The deal for which many people are ready to pay me ransom?" He mutters to himself gritting his teeth in frustration and slams his fist in the railing. "I can't make a precious deal with a person who his imprudent and apathetic and has no damn sense of responsibility," he growled at his P.A. who flinched a bit and turned around.

"Mr. Jatin, I order you to inform Mr. Randhawa and his people that I am cancelling the deal. Tell them.. Mr.Manik Malhotra doesn't have time to wait and waste and he expects his partners to be worthy like him. If they are lethargic and irresponsible idiots, then he is not the person to welcome them with open arms."He spat, fury gushing through his veins and blood. He hates people who disobey him, he hates them who disagrees him. He can't tolerate defeat. He wins each innings he plays. Even if he doesn't win, he makes himself win. Hook or crook. Victory is his.

Jatin, who is some 5 years elder to Manik is a very responsible and compassionate man. Though Manik's behaviour and pride greatly displeases him he ways tries to give him right suggestions and advices but Manik is a man of so much ego that, he doesn't give a damn to him and follows his own principals.

"But Sir... I feel that we should oblige to them. At least this time because if we cancel the deal loss is not only theirs but ours too. Not only would we break the friendly relation between the companies but also it would drop our respect and dignity in the society." said Mr. Jatin, well aware that he will knocked down by him for his suggestion alleging himself as nosy but still, we was a faithful employee and wanting his company to raise and achieve. He can't see it falling down.

But it seems his worry turned out to be unnecessary. After a long pause Manik spoke.

"You're right Mr. Jatin, I feel a point in your words. I guess we can allow it once, I can't bloody stake my precious company's reputation for a irresponsible bloke like him. But I will ensure that we never agree a deal with them henceforth." He spoke as he started playing with the crystal ball in his desk, swirling and tossing as if a devilious plan was constructing itself in his mind.

Jatin walked out of his cabin with a sorrowful face. He never thought he would have to see a day like this. He sighed deeply and shook his head wishing that he could go back a few years and try to stop somethings.

●●●●●

Her steps were quicker as she slurried in the rain, clad in a full length bright red gown with high stilettos she was finding it quite tough to battle with the rain. She carefully placed each of her step and moved her handbag over her head to escape the heavy downpour.

Her steps stopped as she stood before a brightly lit building. Lanterns were dangling from the ceiling in vibrant colours and before that stood a statue of cartoons with small playing balls scattered in the verandah. Two big poles were erected on either sides of the handsome building displaying a wide banner with the tag "Babe's and Tot's Playschool".