02 | she is audacious

02// she is audacious.

◆●◆

"SO...HAVE YOU thought about it?," Her boss asked.

Nandini had to go sleepless yesterday due to the deal her boss has put before her. It wasn't a dangerous or some kind of a task which needed terrorism. Nandini was almost ready the time when her boss gave her the offer but as soon as she got to hear the company's name she backed asking a day's time.

"Uh well....I gave it a thought and though I am ready to give it a shot but...," She paused closing her eyes and recalling her son's face which made her feel better and clear.

"But?, But what Nandini?," Her boss questioned. He was looking at her intently expecting nothing but an yes from her.

"I'm worried sir, I am in fact scared,"she confessed."I will do anything for the welfare of our company and your deal has very much tempted me to say a yes but sir, when you said you want me to go and work with Malhotra industries it just made all my confidence drain."

Her boss narrowed his brows at her with an amused smile. Nandini is one of his trusted persons, more like his daughter. She is brave, independent and terrifically talented; recieving a revert from a person like that doesn't make him better.

"Scared? Seriously Nandini? I thought you were very brave. You have done so much for the company and you are one of my trusted persons. I offered you this deal because I thought you would volunteer it but....such an answer was unexpected,"He said with a frown.

"Sir, I have heard about the Malhotra industries well and I am very impressed with their position in the industry. Though the company has emerged as a successful one, I am sure it is because of that shrew CEO they have. He is dominating and after you said about it yesterday I have contacted a few of my friends who work there and the reviews are not that positive,"she said. Her boss smiled to her and got up from his seat and sat beside her in one of the chairs. Nandini waited for him to say something.

"I think you also know that a father always does good for his child,"Nandini nodded with a serene smile reminiscing her parents."Even though you are smiling you might be thinking were I am getting at so let me clear it for you, Nandini I think you are well aware that I see you not only as a trusted employee but also as a daughter and...I want you to give it a shot because you are capable of that."

"But what about Harry? If he orders me to work late hours then... I am supposed to right? That time who will take care of my son?," She posed, her voice filled with concern as she gave a thought about her baby.

"Oh come on...," her boss giggled." Harry is such a sweet boy, he will understand. He will do anything for his mamma, I know that you are trying to find issues but let me tell you that this job and you are soulmates. You are going to do this and it only belongs to you."

He glanced at his watch while Nandini cringes getting up from her seat grumpily and swinging her bag over her shoulders.

"So Nandini, tomorrow at 9 am sharp we meet at this place," he pointed his hand around to the room and gently patted her shoulder before going for his break.

"That bloody damnit Malhotra !!," She grunted and stomped her foot angrily and left the room."I swear I am going to make his life as hard as hell."

"Sir, they are sending their designer tomorrow to the meet, and they wanted me to convey this to you," Jatin informed Manik.

"Oh...that escalated quickly. I thought they would have some two-three meetings before finalising but...well this man confuses me greatly. First he said he is not available and then he rescheduled the meeting and now he is sending his designer. I am not able to get his motives," Manik tapped his finger on his desk.