08 | she is whimsical

08// she is whimsical

.......

Nandini placed her last luggage bag in the floor. It's been hectic. And she is hella pissed on Manik, someone must knock some sense into his system. Inspite of having a week time, he informed her only a day back about the trip, even after her constant calls.

He has absolutely no one to take care of, instead people are roaming around his home, ready to do whatever he says, but what about her? She has to submit her files, handover her works to her colleagues, explain them her part, which is the most tedious since major of them are dumbo's. And most importantly, preparing harry. Though the little kid is the epitome of sweetness and outmost cooperative, it took Nandini some time to make him understand things about the trip.

He would suddenly pop-up with questions which are really impossible like, "Will he stay with us?" or "Will he come back home with us." And somehow Nandini seemed to turn off such questions by petty answers.

"The car seems to have come." Navya said to a exhausted Nandini. Harry was in her arms curiously watching the car. "Harry..Be a good boy" she whispered.

Harry turned his head at her. "Don't wolly, Navya bua, I will be a good boy and take cale of mumma and buy lots of chocolate and eat. I will buy some fol you too, so that we can shale." Navya looked at him in awww.. And kissed his cheeks.

"So sweet, don't forget your bua" She placed him on the floor.

"I think I should get going." Nandini muttered having one last check at the luggage. "Harry, give bua a kiss." Harry turned around and kissed Navya on the cheek and smiled brightly.

Nandini scooped him up in arms. "Mumma put me down! I want to take some luggage too!" Harry wriggled in her arms.

"No honey, you are very small and you can't take it" She managed to speak as she took him in one hand and luggage in another, while Navya followed the suit with another.

"Mumma, I can do that!"

"Harry, good boys listen to mumma" Nandini said sweetly making him instantly calm. He got him in the car while she adjusted the luggage. His eyes kept swirling from side to side observing what his mother is doing.

After everything was set Nandini got in and sat beside Harry who was now busy staring at the steering wheel and gear.

The car roared to life. "Say bye." Harry waved his tiny palm at Navya. Nandini felt a bit welled up as she left her alone. "Take care.." she muttered silently.

"Don't worry, Cabir will come" she smiled. How can she forget him? He has been the savior all the times.

"Say him hi" Car rushed forward, Harry waved her till she got disappeared in the mist.

——

"Did you come by walk or what?" Nandini's cab halted beside Manik's. According to her she was on time, but Manik thought otherwise. "Man we should finish the security check within the next thirty minutes.

"But the flight is in next 2 hours right? We have plenty of time to check in."

Manik looked at her as if she said the most stupidest thing in the world. "Our flight got prepond. It's going to take off a hour early."

Nandini felt as if someone has hit her gut. "What?" She looked around haphazardly. "And you are telling me now?!" She gritted her. That bastard! First thing, he told her the trip dates only a day before and this.. Its just intolerable for her.

"I told you right?" He said, quite unsurely, but his voice firm.

Nandini shook her head violently. "No! You didn't"

"I did!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Mumma! I am feeling hungly. And I want to sit in that big bild too. So stop fighting" Harry squeaked beside her. He has been silently observing, her and Manik's comrade, but when he saw a flight take off and food stalls around the area poor baby couldn't stop himself.

Nandini hurriedly scooped him in his arms, while Manik stared at him. His face softened.

"Mumma who is this?" He pointed his chubby finger at Manik's direction.

"This is er..." Nandini stammered for words.

"Batman!" Harry clapped his hands, seeing the Batman logo in Manik's shirt.

"Huh?"

Both of them stared at the cherubic baby. Manik couldn't help a small smile play on his lips. No one has ever complimented him, if you don't consider the fake ones and so receiving compliments is one thing and that too from a baby softened him greatly.

"Okay.. You can call him Badman" Nandini said carelessly, not bothering to correct herself.

"He said Batman" Manik corrected her and she shrugged.

"Anyway he will get to know that you are that, so no problem" Manik rolled his eyes at her and turned to Harry.

He forwarded his palm, "What's your name?" He asked him sweetly, Nandini looked at him surprised.

"Haldik Multhy!" He chirped.

"Oh, So Hardik Murthy what do you study?" Nandini chuckled slightly only to receive a glare from him.

"I.." Harry looked at Nandini, not knowing what to say. "What do I study mumma?"

"You go to playschool" she smiled.

"I go to playschool!" He imitated her.

"Okay, so I am Manik, you can call me Batman, I don't mind." Nandini looked at him in betrayal. How can he be so rude with others when he can be/ acts to be so sweet? And something which surprised her more was that he ignored the Malhotra tag and referred himself as Manik because his head weight for that name is taller than eiffel tower.

Maybe we should keep him around kids?

He extended his arms. "Will you come with me? I will take you to the flight" He transferred him from her arms to his.

"Mumma?" He asked with a longing face.

"She will carry the luggage, but let's go before her." He gave her a mischievous smile before walking ahead fast.

"What? No!" Nandini ran behind him. "Manik! Don't leave me behind. Damn!"

Manik turned back to her. "Okay fine, I sympathy you" He took one suitcase from her.

"Don't drop my kid" She warned, and received another eye roll from him.

"I am not careless like you"

————

Hi! And sorry for the delay😁. So how was the update? Share your views. And thank you so muchhhh! ♥I can't believe I have got such a good reader base in such a short time! 🙈🙈 Next update: Maybe today😉 if you give splendid responses like the previous ones♥️

Vote. Comment. And most importantly SHARE! I want this to spread to a wide audience. And you if think it should; then help me in spreading this.

P.s. I am looking for a good cover for this book, anyone who is good in graphic and interested in making one can tell me:)