13 | he cares for her

Faded scars is No. 1 in #whatshot! I'm so happy:) it wouldn't have been possible without you all ♥

Beautiful cover credits go to SabaCreations Guys do try her, she's amazing.

Mananlicious update:) Beware.
▬▬▬▬▬▬

13// he cares for her

Nandini plopped on her bed. She is super scared now. She never expected something like this to happen. It was perfectly fine a hour back.

But no, she has to be strong. She has been strong in the past too. It's all because of her inner strength and willpower that she has reached these milestones.

Life throws many challenges on you but, to make it a failure or tune it as a pathway to your success totally depends upon you. You can change your life with your willpower and that's what she did.

Nandini sighed deeply. She is going to face this too. She plods to the small kitchen her room has and makes some coffee for herself.

After a much needed drink, she slips into her loose T-shirt and sweatpants. It was very cold outside, so she turned on the heater.

"Nandini, we have half and hour to dinner, get ready" Manik sauntered inside. He had two tickets in his hand. "And here, these the flight tickets. We are leaving the day after tomorrow. I looked on for tomorrow, but then I realised we didn't have time to roam around the place so I asked them to book the next day." he handed her the tickets.

She took them with much hesitation, her mind played out all the events that happened.

Manik seemed to sense it. It was written all over her face."I may have said I will find out, but.." her gaze went to his face. "I may not investigate if you promise me that you will yourself reveal it"

She stared at him. Those chocolate brown eyes were always so compelling, they had such an intensity that it stirred her heart every time she stared at them.

He waited patiently for a reply, but she remained mum. It looked as if she is internally debating what to say wondering about it's consequences.

Slowly though, Manik's patience was fading. He wanted to know it from her, not by carrying out any god damn inquest.

Patience was too much to ask from Manik Malhotra, but Nandini decided to test him. She was confused, he is definitely not the Manik she saw first, that arrogance was gone instead she could only feel the kindness and warmth radiating from him. His dominant and tyrant attitude seemed to have disappeared in the mist.

Manik Malhotra is not arrogant, dominant or tyrant. It is just a mask he wears, but behind that he is everything else.

Her mind was jammed. She almost forgot that he had asked her something until she felt his hand on her shoulder.

It was so comforting.

"Nandini I assure you, you can trust me. I am not going to leak anything" he almost pleaded.

After a long pause, Nandini finally spoke.

"Alright" She smiled at him with a twinkle in her eyes. "But before that, can I ask you something?" he nodded. "Yes, so when you can be this trusty, why did you be arrogant with me in the past. You didn't even lower your dominant tone while you spoke to me and your attitude was absolutely opposite to what it is now. Why is that?"

He looks on amused. "Really?" he giggles while she looks on annoyed. "You are going to question my loyalty because of this?"

She fumes, trying hard not to shout at him for laughing when she just asked him a serious question.