17 | he knows the truth

Here is the most anticipated chapter:) Do vote and comment! Inline comments are always bae ❤️

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Ah! The love birds. So Sorry, your life's going to end." Manik and Nandini turned to the voice.

Nandini's irises widened and she tightened her grip around Manik. "Manik, he is the one!"

▬▬▬▬

17// he knows the truth

Manik stared at him, his eyes reflected new found fury and anguish, he turned back to Nandini and his orbs softened instantly, he blinked at her reassuringly and gently removed her hand.

He pushed Nandini behind him and flashed him a smug smile. "So you are that K?"

The other man smiled. "You seem well updated."

"You know that proverb.. Keep friends close and enemies closer?" he stepped forward.

"Oh, yes, yes. You see even I am a good follower if that. That's why I came to see my Nandu jaan."

Nandini groaned from the behind. "DON'T! don't call me that!" she snapped back.

Manik remained unfazed, but smiled victoriously. "Of course, Kunal, see I even know your name."

Nandini froze. How did he know Kunal? She doesn't remember telling him about Kunal at all. How did he know it then. She cocked her head at him, he smiled knowingly and turned away before she can mouth a no.

The other man laughed maliciously. Manik was bewildered, but he didn't show it in the face. Masking emotions was like a cup of tea for him. He has been doing that all the while.

"Kunal? So my Nandu told you about him. So sad." He took a step towards her and Manik came before him. "Tsk, Tsk, Nandu, how did you lie to him? Boy, let me clear it for you." he smirked.

"Kunal, for your information was my victim." Nandini shook her  head negatively from behind. His smirk grew deeper. "Am I right Nandu? Kunal is.." he paused correcting himself. "was Nandini's one and only brother. I'm not Kunal. I'm Karan. Kunal is dead."

"What?" Manik was baffled. Kunal was Nandini's brother? And he is no more? He wants so many questions to be answered, but before that he must save Nandini. "No, you are..bluffing. I don't believe this. Any of this!"  he yelled.

"Believe or not believe, I have absolutely no problem." his expression changed to something more painstaking and malicious and his voice was unnervingly placid "I just want my Nandu. I have come here only for her." he stared at her for a fleeting second before turning back to him. "And because you are with her, I'll finish your game as well. Just like Kunal"

"No! You'll do nothing to Manik. I'll come with you, just leave him" tears flowed down her cheek. "What has he down to you? Leave him!"

Manik looked at her disbelievingly "Nandini! What are you saying? Where is that sassy Nandini gone? You'll.. You'll bend your head at him? He has killed your brother, damn!" he scoffed at her.

Nandini sobbed silently. Karan stepped forward enraged. "Listen, if she is willing to give up, what's your problem?"

Manik rolled his eyes at him. "Such a asshole, you are. Don't you have a heart, you killed her brother. How much more trouble to do want to give her?" he asked solemnly.

Karan smirked. "For whatever she's done to me, she has to suffer for a lifetime" he stared at her infernally while she visibly shuddered.

"Not on my watch." Manik snapped his fingers at him. "I brought her here and she is my responsibility."