06 | she is depressed

06// she is depressed

....

"What's the problem Nandini?" Navya enquired.

Nandini sat calmly at the couch. Her hands rested in her lap, and her eyes were transfixed on the wall staring at her and Harry's picture. He looked so innocent, and sweet.

"Nandini.." Navya placed a hand on her shoulder, her tone cautious and comforting. "Tell me, I might help you in some way"

If only she knew how many emotions Nandini was feeling at the moment, despite the calm. But the sentence struck Nandini in the right cord and she felt herself tearing.

"He asked me how I have a kid when I am so young" She choked slightly.

"Ohh.." It was the only answer Navya was able to give her as a console. She should have guessed it right away because seeing a depressed Nandini is not what Navya is used to.

For her and most of them Nandini was fierce as fire and bright as light with lots of sass and humor.

"How.. I mean.. How did this come up?" Navya asked. The curiosity and well as Nandini's turn off was troubling her.

"We were having some pathetic discussions about trip and it's rules and regulations. And trust me, they were downright frustrating themselves when the last rule propped up that you can't take along anyone with you on trips and the first person to come in my mind was Hardik." She spoke silently.

"But why did you blurt that out? You could have said it or convinced him that moment right?" Navya suggested. Nandini felt a pang at her chest because whatever she said was absolutely true and she could have done that.

"I could have.." she paused sadly. "But maybe I was so involved at that moment that I just couldn't think of anything else and said that."

Navya sighed deeply. "It's fine sweety, talk about it tomorrow with him and sort things out because you both are gonna do a project so it's important that you are at the least in terms of speaking" She warned.

It was another thing that hit her, that's when she realised that she has actually said him some bitter words and being the egoistic he is, it must have pissed him a lot.

And true that they have got to work on one project, even if she doesn't want to work or better if Manik throws her out her boss will always send her back to his door and grab the deal because well he cares about that only. Sensing and supporting the involvement of employees is not his forte and will never be and so she is struck with this Manik arrogant Malhotra.

"You know what Navya.. In the heat of things I think I have hurted that jerk" she said in a worried baritone. "And sensing his attitude, I think it's going to hit me badly"

Navya shook her head in encouragement. "Be positive. Just hope he doesn't create anything new. You already have so much in plate."

Nandini flashed her a small smile when the doorbell rang. She stood on her feet and rushed to the door. It was calmly silent giving her pleasant vibes, and in this nerve-wracking situation it was soothing to the heart.

Slowly she turned the door knob.

There was no one.

Feeling alarmed she surveyed the backyard and the couch. And if not for the speed-breaker, which screeched she may have never noticed a car. It looked familiar but it didn't struck her right then.

The car pulled away fast and soared in the midnight sky. Having one last look around she turned back to the door.

"Ouch!" Her legs collided with a box, If you say that she was surprised then probably it's an understatement. She was shocked, her eyes wide open wondering who it could be now that it's confirmed that, it's definitely the person in that sleek black car.

Sighing to herself, she picked up the box and took it inside.

"Who was it?" Navya piped, she had Harry in her arms. He must have woken in sleep, but seems to have slept again.

"Don't know" She placed the box on the table. "But dropped this at the doorstep"

Navya eyed the box curiously. "Whom do you think would send something like this in the middle of the night?"

Nandini shrugged. It was totally out of her mind. "I'm not sure, let's better check this."

"No! Wait.. What if its a bomb or something?"

Nandini looked at her incredulously. "Are you serious?" She pulled the ribbon of it. "Don't worry, it will be fine"

Nandini opened the box slowly with caustious eyes of Navya. It was a red box with a big card inside it. She took it carefully and read the front, she was taken aback.

It was a sorry card. Nandini stared at Navya.

She knew who has sent it.

_____

Guys I know it's short but bear with me, I will update it tomorrow again.

Till then tell me your views on this.