CHAPTER TWO

Oh, hey there, Finn! ^ ♥️

Betty

The suitcase catches on the back of my heel as I attempt to drag it along the marble floors, wondering how I didn't have to pay extra for baggage claim. Presents, clothing, wedding gifts and merchandise is barely touching the surface on what I have zipped inside. It's been a while since I visited home, so there is a lot of things I picked up on my travels for my family. Especially, my nephew George who turned one a few months ago. Another party I missed because of work commitments. It hurt me not to be celebrating it, but there isn't a lot you can do when you get booked as a support artist for Systematic. They are a four piece girl band with mega vocals and an off the chart amount of sass, making them an instant hit around the world

It was Casey, the lead vocalist, who spotted me on YouTube singing an acapella version of their song Shameful. My label said Casey loved it so much that she shared it on the band's website and social media's begging to find out if I would join them on their tour. The promotion I got from her belief in me was phenomenal, sending my album sales through the roof overnight. If I'm honest with myself, I owe them big time for putting my name out there. I had a good following before, but with Systematic's help, my fan base has doubled, if not tripled in the last six months.

I knock on the apartment door and wait back hearing my family's voices inside, all of them shouting my name. A fuzzy feeling swells in my chest, and then my face pulls into a huge grin when Edward answers the door. I glance up and notice he's cut his hair shorter since I last saw him and he's dressed in a casual jumper and jeans. Strange. I don't think I've seen him without a shirt and suit pants since I was a child. The suitcase handle falls out of my hands when Edward leans down to wrap me in his arms, pulling me a fraction from the ground to give me a bear hug.

"We've missed you, kid," he says in my ear.

I squeeze the life out of him. "Missed you too. Any gossip for me?"

"Let me in for a cuddle, you best friend stealer," Delilah's joking voice shouts, and Edward's chest vibrates as he settles me down on the floor, stepping to the side to allow his girlfriend through.

"DeDe," I cry wrapping my arms around her shoulders to pull her to me, stopped by something bulging between us. I frown and look down at her stomach. "You're pregnant?!"

"Yes," she giggles placing both hands on her bulging belly, looking so incredibly happy. "I'm twenty-two weeks."

My brain is struggling to process how my brother is having a baby, and I wasn't informed about such news. Plus, it's reminding me of how long it's been since I was home with my family.

I bite my wobbling lip and then cover my mouth. "I can't believe it. Oh my goodness guys," I turn to see Edward watching us with expecting eyes. "A baby?"

Edward visibly gulps. "I'm shit scared," he reaches over to hold Delilah's hand that sits on her abdomen, "but so very excited."

Delilah beams at me. "What do you think, B?"

I shake my head tears glazing over my eyes. "It's such a lovely surprise. I'm so pleased for you."

"You're upset. Oh, no, I knew we shouldn't have kept you in the dark. Blame your brother. Not me. I wanted to tell you, but he said we should surprise you."

I hold my hand up in the air. "Please don't feel bad."

"Are you sure?" Delilah says, appearing to be apprehensive about my answer.

I step forward to bring them both in my arms and then make my way to Delilah where I put my hands on her bump. "How did you manage to keep this a secret? We skype almost every night."