CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Betty

Oh, my gee! I won the date with Dexter! =O Thank you, Betty! Thank you, thank you!! <3 <3 <3

I turn over in bed slowly not to disturb Laine who is still asleep, smiling at Sabrina's excited Snapchat message. I may or may not have put in a good word with my brother, meaning, I may or may not have threatened him with getting Levi to put in a red sock with his white football kit if he said no. Threatening him was useless, as he told me that he was going to choose Sabrina anyway as the others seemed like crazies.

I warned him not to mess around with her, as she's young and impressionable and more than likely already planned their wedding in her head. Dexter came out of a long-term relationship a few years ago, having been with the girl since secondary school. Dexter said that he wanted to be single a long time after splitting with Morgan because he hadn't spread his male wings around town - whatever that means.

I don't care as long as he doesn't hurt Sabrina in the process.

I mean, we all know Delilah would string him up by the baby makers if he did.

Me too. Minus the sex organs, because, well...we share the same bloodline, and it would be weird.

I'd eat all the Wotsits he keeps stashed in his wardrobe instead.

And send pictures.

A deep sigh comes from the space in the bed beside me, and Laine lets out a big yawn. I put my phone on the counter and turn onto my other side, itching my head when it burns a little. It's not been the same since the hair stylist put a different hairspray all over my head back in Italy.

"Morning," she smiles, rubbing her blurry eyes, hair matted on top of her head.

"Hey," I cover my mouth when a yawn hits me out of nowhere. "How'd you sleep?"

"On and off, George had an upset belly early this morning."

I frown, not remembering waking at all in the night; the previous flight must have taken it out of me, and the worry over the new threats I received. The words were the last thing I thought about falling to sleep and the first thing when I woke up. I don't understand how anyone could be so evil. It's shaken me up for six.

I glance over at his crib in the corner of the room. "Is he okay now?"

Laine looks over at the big circle clock on the wall. "Yeah, I last changed his nappy about an hour ago."

I push back the thin white sheet and climb out of bed, tip toeing over to see white liquid all over himself. "Oh, Laine, I think he's thrown up."

"Has he?" she gets up off the bed and rushes over, sighing when she see's what I do. "It's not as bad as it was before. Could you go and run him a bath, please? I can see he's messed himself too."

I reach up my hand and stuff my fingers into my mouth, nibbling on them. "Sure. Shall I get Finn to call the doctor?"

"No, it's more than likely something he's picked up from the plane. I'll stay in with him today, so he doesn't dehydrate even more in this heat and see how he is later."

"Yeah, you can keep an eye on him then. Won't be a moment, I'll just start running his bath."

"Thanks, bumble bee."

I come out of our shared bedroom and cut across the living area, seeing that Finn's bedroom door is slightly ajar, telling me that he's gone for his morning workout session at the HIT gym down the road. He mentioned it last night before going to bed, having had ignored me all day. I put it down to jet lag as I felt out of it too, but the haunted look in his eyes seemed like it would take more than a couple of hours of sleep to fix.