CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Double update day! 💗

Betty

I feel slightly hungover when my eyes drag open the next morning. The sharp sunlight peeps under the bottom of the blackout curtains, staining the wooden fixtures with its vibrancy. I turn over and into Finn's arms as he gazes down at me with tired eyes.

I smile, rubbing my fingers across his face. "Morning."

"Good Morning," he leans in and presses his lips on my mouth. "You feeling more refreshed?"

"Not really. But, I have just woken up. Give me a minute, and I'll be raring to go," I say, glancing around the room.

Finn makes a grunting noise when he turns to pick up his phone from the bedside table. "Guess what today is?"

I nuzzle my nose into his neck, letting my lungs fill with his scent. "Tell me."

"Teen Choice Awards day," says Finn, fist pumping the air.

I squeal, pressing my mouth deep into his skin. "Yippee!"

This will be my first year attending, having watched the award show countless times on Nickelodeon as a child. I'd always buy the fashion magazines to see who made the best-dressed list, always feeling sorry for the celebrities that made the worst. It's part of the reason I wanted my dress to be so perfect for this afternoon. Out of fear of having my look torn to pieces.

"You ready for it?" he says, kissing me hard on the nose, while I play footsie with him underneath the sheets.

I shrug, feeling my stomach pang with nerves. "Yeah, I'll be fine once I get up on the stage. It's the celebrity bit I don't like. I'm not cut out for posing in front of forty flashing lights and giving interviews. I'm boring Betty who loves nothing more than spending time with her family and eating truck loads of Swedish Fish."

Finn gazes down. "You're perfect to me. Boring, or not. I happen to think you're pretty damn wild."

I laugh. "Wild? Yeah, that's me."

"I have a little present for you," he says, getting up and out of bed, strolling over to the wardrobe where he pulls out an Agent Provocateur bag, ribbon tying it together at the top.

I push the cotton sheet off my legs and kneel on the mattress. "Finn, you didn't."

"Finn did," he replies, dangling the bag with his two fingers holding the handles.

I almost topple over when I try to grab the pink bag, peeling the small sticker that keeps the top closed off. I fight with the light pink tissue paper to reveal a Hollywood red lacing masterpiece. My mouth goes dry when I unravel the bra, to see it's a halter neck design where the lace cups would probably cover just past the nipples, closing in the closer it comes to your neck. There's matching brief lace knickers that reveal a hint of skin and red suspenders that I imagine are for Finn's benefit.

"You've spoilt me," I say, holding them close to my chest, moving the material, so the bra dangles in front of my face. "Thank you so much."

Finn scoots closer, running the back of his hand down my forearm. "Believe me. I've spoilt myself too."

I catch myself on a yawn. "Sorry, I'm still exhausted. What time did we get to bed last night? I can't remember."

Finn frowns, dropping his hands into his lap. "You fell to sleep pretty early. I was quite worried, actually."

"I did?" I try to remember past leaving the dance studio's, but it's blank. "I must have been tired. Did we get the steak?"

"I ordered it, but you were too zonked out to eat. I ended up finishing yours. Listen, I think you need a bit of time away from work. You've been hard at it for months, only taking a few weeks off to visit family. It's getting silly now."