Chapter 1: OUR NEW ALPHA

A/N 26/01/2022: While this book was written, a lot of chapters were made private. So, if the reader doesn't follow me they cannot view/read that chapter. This was back in 2018, I'm not sure how that works now. But I'm getting a lot of comments about the story jumping between scenes. I hope this helps.

"Ann, my dear, are you ready?" Mother asked from somewhere in the kitchen. The thin wooden doors and even thinner wall partitions carried the question all the way round to my room on the first floor.

"Yeah mom, on my way," I said as I made my way to the kitchen - my personal most favorite spot in the house after the entire house itself. Talk about fairy tales homes and I laugh cause I live in one. That cutesy house on the edge of the town made of wood and yeah, that white fencing all round. Mother can be quite dramatic at times, you know? 

"Silly girl," she said as I stepped into the kitchen inhaling the aroma of fresh muffins,  shaking her head she enquired "What took you so long?"

"The zipper, I guess?" I mumbled nonchalantly giving her quite the shrug, for emphasis! She legit rolled her eyes on that one.

I mean, yeah. But then, it was the partial truth. The stubborn zipper on the back of my black dress wouldn't budge at all. Feels like one of the most cliché things, that's likely to happen in one of those sappy romance novels or stupid ass shows where there'd come a hero to 'help'. That mere gesture would thaw the ice around the heart of our lead actress, break her walls. She'd fall head over heels in love with the hero only for him to break her heart and then. I do love the last part, when she will finally move on and also around - after stupid sulking, he'd come back with a perfect reason for what he did and why he did so.

My best friend does watch and reads sappy stuff like this, the irony.

Me being the Clarke, quite the charmer of a daughter of Alpha Nicholas aka Niko Clarke and Luna Viona Clarke loves many things but soppy and/or sloppy. Ticks the shit out of me.

Reasons why I haven't watched or read Fault in Our Stars and stuff like that. 

Well for a quick introduction I am Anouk Clarke. That should suffice I guess. 

There's so much more to my family, I can barely contribute or add something to it. Dad became the Alpha after the death of the former one who surprisingly died in a tiff between two packs, for power and territory.

Since then, he has maintained the pack and brought honors to it that quite live up to its name. Eugene. Noble.

As for the violence and disruption caused because of some outcasted werewolves aka rogues? They have become some sort of a myth, kudos to daddy and his diplomatic ways.

The reason for my small little self, having a zipper-war existential crisis was a welcoming party. We welcome people every now and then but this one is special. The formal initiation of Knox Mercado's reign as the Alpha.

Looks like we are welcoming the New Alpha.

And yes, for starter's pack on werewolf or shapeshifters or lycantropan history - whatever you'd call us as - this ranking and positioning thing we have got isn't genetic or passed down in heredity. Hence, no chances of me being female Alpha or shit.

I am really happy about it though because I sure as hell wouldn't want to become an Alpha. It is a taxing job, to begin with, and also comes many other unwanted things in the picture.

Daddy recently told me that he had a vision of the Moon Goddess and so, he knew who the next Alpha will be. 

I actually could not and still do not believe in the vision thingy. So much for being a were-law abiding and Moon Goddess worshipping werewolf, but the expression on daddy's face did not help with the uncertainty about the situation. But I could not help it, right?