Chapter 17: DRAMA TIME

This dude isn't giving me a creep but the hand that Knox has wrapped around my waist makes me feel odd. As if he decided not to punish me anymore but his vice like grip was doing that.

The guy standing in front of us was as tall as Knox and also has a great build and muscles. Nope I ain't checking him out for heaven's sake but yeah that doesn't mean that I cannot notice how similar their stance is.

God is he an Alpha? Screw you life, you couldn't get confusing anymore.

The guy was having a staring contest with Knox until he moved his gaze towards me which already had earned him a loud growl from Knox. I like him that way, all possessive on me. God I sound psychotic!

"Already found your mate, bud?"

I gasp. He called me what? Or maybe that was for Knox?

Bud?

Of all things, he called one of us bud? But why did it feel like it had a big underlying message under it?

That was just the end of his reign because what I heard from outside was an animalistic growl which made me cower away and into Knox. I want to jump him already because of our proximity.

Knox looked at me and frowned after which he smirked and I realized that I spoke – loudly!

Someone enters the dungeon room and actually drags the guy that was present earlier by his ear and that alone makes me laugh which catches the new guy's attention. He looks at me from head to toe and gives me a cheeky smile.

"I will deal with you later," he says to the guy that came first. Damn it! It is so confusing.

"Tell me Nouk...do you remember me?" He says with a ghost of a forlorn smile adorning his rugged features.

He looks familiar. He feels like home. Like family.

Something in me snaps as I get away from Knox who looks confused as to what I am doing. With slow calculated steps, I walk towards him as if on cue he takes a few steps towards me Ignoring Knox and his growls we both continue walking.

I almost stand in front of him at an appropriate distance, so much to have an Alpha mate huh!

I raise my hand to touch his cheeks and he closes his eyes in content. He swallows hard as I see his Adam's apple bob up and down as if refraining from doing something. As if he wants to get lost in the moment.

A single tear escapes my eye as I look at the fine specimen standing in front of me.

I couldn't believe this!

How could this even be possible?

Is fate playing a joke on me?

He is my...my...

God!

Sue me as I cling on to him in the fiercest hug I would have ever given anyone.

And I mutter that one word that was going to rock my world figuratively and literally too.

"My..." I choke on the words.

'''''''