Chapter 16: MEETING MY REAL MATE

I was in a fucking dungeon for fucks sake. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What happened?

Fan-fucking-tastic!

I, being in a dungeon wasn't something...unacceptable! But actually finding Knox, chained to the opposite wall was unbelievable! That too in heavy metal chains which you cannot easily break, werewolf or not. And it wasn't fucking silver for fucks sake!

My mind went to a state of fright. Thinking about every possible reason for this to happen. There has to be something that I happen to be oblivious about.

Think Anouk think... Knox wasn't hurt, I was sure about that because I would have felt it through the mate bond. Because that day rather that night we had marked each other even though in reality the bond had weakened over the period of time it still had its effect.

Yeah, Knox is really my mate. I cannot believe my luck or my state of mind. Was I happy that Knox was my mate or was I sad that he had actually doubted a real mate bond that we had established that night? There were so many questions, all driving me insane.

I need some serious answers and there is only one person who can give me those.

Knox Mercado. My mate. My Angry Alpha.

My eyes fluttered open clearly and I saw Knox struggling against the chains. He seems to have gained some muscle as I appreciatively glance at his masculine figure totally ignorant about his struggles with the chains. As If sensing my gaze his eyes met mine. It felt too good to be real. A single tear left my eye.
As if pained by this he began struggling more vigorously against the chains.

"Anouk," he whispered calmly which meant he was angry either at me or at the situation in which we are stuck or maybe that I was back or maybe that I was his real mate as that stranger has talked about or...or...

My eyes filled up with tears and I turned away from Knox because I did not want to appear weak. Weak because this is what he does to me. It makes my mind go all confused and haywired, and, weak in the knees. I knew that there was something wrong with me and my emotions but I just couldn't handle it anymore.

But, however, Knox took my looking away from him as a sign of rejection which he was never going to accept even if woe betides him. He started struggling more and more against the chains until the chains broke and thus my fate was sealed.

He took slow and calculated steps just like in the crazy dream I had about him and me. Maybe the dream was a signal about what he will do to me. Hit me? Abuse me? Violate me?

I did not know anything about what was about to happen but yet I looked at him in his eyes begging him not to do something--unacceptable.

"Stop ignoring me Anouk and look at me," he commanded but that sounded a tad bit weak. I wonder why?

"I...Knox...I," I stuttered looking at him.

He closed the distance between us relieving me of all those chains in the first place and then carried me like a rag doll towards the window where he could see me in a better light. His eyes fixated on my face so as to memorize every feature of mine.

Little did he knew that I was busy doing the same.

"I missed you," he said while embracing me. Done he was taking all of me with his eyes because it was his body now that yearned for mine.

"Me too," I said quite surprised that I answered at first place.

"Right now I cannot decide whether to spank that sexy ass of yours or punish your lips," he said looking at me with a heated gaze in his eyes.

I knew that I had made a mistake. A big one.

Not by coming here again, nope, never. That was the best decision that I had ever made but by LEAVING this place. By leaving Knox of all people.

And I Anouk Clarke am the one to learn from mistakes. And I had committed enough to last an eternity or perhaps two?

"I have something other in mind," I said in a low voice full of passion and need which made him growl and pull me even closer as if that was possible.

"And what would that be my dear Anouk?" he asked in a raspy voice showing that he was on edge, just like me.

"I, Anouk Clarke of Eugene Pack accept Alpha Knox Mercado as my mate, my beloved and the one who will have my mind, body, soul, and he-heart."

I did not even give him time to comprehend what I had just officially done and I pressed my lips against his. Not moving. Not kissing. Giving him an option because I knew that I had wronged him on so many levels by an immature decision that he should get a choice.

He pulled back and I lowered my head in embarrassment? Shame? No. it was regret. I felt bad that I had actually wronged my mate of all people. Someone who had accepted me on my own terms. Not caring what I was or how I was. Never did he ask me to change or adapt to something because he liked me the way I am. Maybe something even more. But I had let him down. And now I should face his wrath, whatsoever.

"Anouk, look at me, NOW."

I took a step back so as to create some distance and to my dismay he allowed me to do so. I felt rejected already. He could do better with someone else. Someone of his liking and choice.

"I...I am sorry Knox. I shouldn't have come back home," I said looking at the dirty dungeon floor unable to look at him.

"Home," he said in a pained voice.

"I need to tell you something first," he said which made me look up at him.

"I understand it, Knox, that you might reconsider and you do not want-"

"Enough girl. You have done enough and spoken too. NOW IT IS MY TURN."

I gave him a weak nod.

"And now you will answer my questions one by one, understood?" Knox asked.

I nodded my head in affirmation and submission which was what his wolf might need right now. His wolf! My eyes brimmed with tears when I realized what I had done. His wolf. I could not sense it. Oh no...no...no. this cannot happen to him, to us, to his wolf. My shoulders shook violently as soon as the fact seeped deep inside I could not move. I was unable to understand anything that he said to me. And then suddenly it became way too much. I slipped down to the floor placing my hand on my pained heart that could not take any sort of pain anymore.

"Stop it Anouk, listen to me now. I said stop."

His words fell upon deaf ears. I could not do anything of that sort.

And then I felt my cries stop because I could no longer move my lips. They were stopped because of the pressure of flesh on it. How much I wish that it would be his lips like all those times but no those were his hands. Something broke again. No, it actually snapped.

I despised his touch, his essence, his very own existence. I scrambled backward not allowing anybody contact because I could not bear the distance anymore and the same went with the proximity. My emotions went haywire. Too much. It was way too much to handle.

He took a sharp breath as if not believing what I just did. He could not take it. I could see that in his eyes. He growled in response and smashed his lips to mine. God, I missed his lips. I wanted him, all of him with no restrictions.

We finally stopped but then he pecked my lips once, twice, three.

"Knox..." I murmured against his lips. He smiled and looked at me with unreadable emotion.

"We need to get out of here...yeah?"

"Yeah," I answered into his embrace which he had pulled me into after seeing my nervous breakdown. Damn him! Damn me! Stupid mate bond and these emotions.

"Oh, leaving already?" a sinister voice came from behind.

Well fucl. Too much for me to handle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A big thanks for the 50k read.