CHAPTER 21: YOUR PARENTS AND MINE

The tension in the room was thick and noticeable. They were uncomfortable at answering that one, for sure. Why wouldn't it be? A piece of news had to be delivered and that too bad news.

Taking deep breaths Tristan took the initiative to finally explain things to me in the right way possible. He did not want to break my heart but keeping things from me wasn't something he considered rational after everything that I had gone through. After all, I had all right to know about our parents' ill doings.

"It was our parents, your and mine who actually had led the rogue attack." He said while looking at the floor clearly embarrassed by what they did, "Going on a trip was just an excuse to execute things the way they had been planning for years."

"Well Anouk, you see, our father was always hungry for more power and being his mate our mother supported all his decisions. I was born before you and so I clearly had the chance of being an Alpha. Father saw this as a threat to his position but he could not do anything about it. But when you were born he ACTUALLY convinced my mother to disown me and send me far away. That was plain cruel and I was nine years old at that time. I developed hatred for you, seeing what happened to me when you arrived in the family. I was taken in by some humans who knew about werewolves, a story for another day perhaps."

"Then I had a vision and the Moon Goddess advised me to look after you. In the meanwhile, I actually trained hard enough, just like an Alpha. I was given the position of the Alpha of your neighboring pack which I took as an opportunity to keep an eye on you. Also, I was busy trying to understand why mom and dad behaved as if they never had a son and also I was quite astonished when dad calmly handed over the Alpha title to Knox. They left the pack as soon as the ceremony was over. And yes, about father assuring you that Knox is your mate - I kept tracks on you, he did it so that no one could trace it back to them. I thought about talking with Knox regarding that matter, but then when I met him in person I realized you two had mated partially of course but I could not tolerate it. You were minor for heaven's sake. So I questioned him and you heard it and the rest is history. Regarding the attack, it happened just after you left. The very same evening to be exact as if fate was playing with us. And so we decided to keep things low profile for some time."

Everyone looked at me as to what my reaction will be.

"I think...I think...I know where to find them," I said looking at them who were surprised by what I said.

All those trips that they used to make to the jungle taking me along with them when I was around three to four year old made sense. Why dad behaved in an odd way many times. Why mom wasn't what she always tried to come out as.

"Guys, we need to get over there soon if we want answers."

________________________________________________________________________________