CHAPTER 23: DEAD FOR REAL AND GOOD

"Where are Tristan and Chriz?" I ask looking at our entwined hands.

"Busy collecting white lilies and red roses," he said breathing heavily with his nose which was buried deep in my hair.

I nodded.

This was what we all agreed upon after seeing them in that hut.

I laughed inwardly at the fact that even my conscience was disgusted by what my parents had done.

Why am I even complying to do this? As if burying them will bring them any peace but that is what my belief says.

"Busy over-thinking again, I guess?"

I gave a sheepish grin to Knox and made my way to my brother and my best friend who had actually catered to my wish of my dead parents burial thingy even though my brother had nothing to do with them anymore.

I collected the flowers from them and went towards the coffins in which their bodies were kept. Those were their favourite flowers.

Their shriveled bodies and pained expression showed me how deep their wounds had been and how their life ended. I gently placed the flowers and then gathered some soil in my hand.

I looked over at Knox who actually had a grave expression on his face. But then he joined me and also did Chriz and Tristan. Finally Niko and Viona Clarke rest in peace. What life couldn't give them death surely did the thing.

I shuddered remembering what I saw over there once Knox had opened the door. Both of my parents were covered in wounds and blood but what was unbelievable was the knife in their hands. They did that to themselves. As if finally realizing their mistakes and punishing themselves for it. But what they actually did was...they dodged their Fate and accepted Death.

Because there was no way in which Knox or Tristan wouldn't have taken them for a trial? Justice for the victims of their brutal actions was necessary. Because of them, several families were relocated and a pack was destroyed. Heck, even I was separated from my mate. Knox lost his title. Also, their unjust actions towards their very own son, my very own brother was an unforgivable mistake rather yet a crime of its own.

We had found their badly bruised and nearly dead bodies in a state which was no longer in a state to speak. The shocking thing was that there was no remorse but plain victory in their dead, still eyes.

Why?

Because they were dead!

And now we would never know how they conducted a rogue attack. Why did they even do that in the first place? What they achieved? Who helped them? Who was the witch helping them? How did they know about such gore levels of black magic? The reason for the dead bodies in the room behind? The reason for the lies and the betrayal? For abandoning their son and mistreating their daughter?

Questions and more questions but no one to give rational answers.

But what was oddly satisfying was that they were dead for real and good.

But now this is final.