Chapter 4: DAMN YOU, SEXY ALPHA

Guilt settles in faster than you can think about the action and its consequences. Never been the one to cry I felt my eyes watering.

What was I thinking? Or maybe I wasn't thinking at all!

Suddenly I was sad that whatever we shared had to end. I knew it because of dread, sets in even faster than the feeling of knowing that you have swollen lips to attend to after sharing such a scorching kiss with the Alpha of your pack.

All nobility went out of the window. Fuck Eugene

I was shocked by my own actions. Guilty. Yes, I did regret what happened. 

I had a taste of something that couldn't be mine.

For starters, I knew that I did something wrong and I know it because my inner conscience was killing me. Holding me accountable.

Damn you sexy Alpha!

I guess Knox noticed my state of self-loathing after all because he brought his hand under my chin and lifted my face so that he could see my eyes. He searched for any sign of delight or content but he could clearly see the regret plastered all over my face, settled deep in my eyes.

"To settle scores," he gave me a dramatic pause "We are more than just acquaintances Anouk. If it makes you feel any better then I'd like to inform you that technically you are mine."

I looked at him as if he had grown two heads. I have read, listened and even seen many stupid things but this was top class bullshit and I was seriously in no mood for jokes.

The idea of him and me being something . . . anything, at all, wasn't acceptable or digestible for me. I couldn't stomach rejection and false hope wasn't something I would pine for. Even the thought of it made me laugh. And I did it. I laughed.

"You are joking, right? You and me . . . that . . . that is so not possible," I said in a whisper trying to calm down myself.

"And why is that?" he asked, confusion lacing his tone or was he worried about my mental state? Should have thought about that before sucking the hell out of me.

"Playing we me is something but hurting my feelings or anyone else's for that method doesn't suit you, Alpha," I spat out, clearly disgusted.

His wolf took over. Clearly, he was a shifter. Though I was a werewolf and hence we people equate each other in our strengths, he was stronger.

"Anouk Clarke, oh, so, spare me the bullshit or else-"

Something was beating very hard and clearly, it wasn't my heart, it felt as if someone was trying to bang open the front door.

"Stay here, Anouk. Okay?"

"Yes," I whispered.

There was something in his voice that made me feel obligated to listen to him.

What are we?

Knox Mercado couldn't believe that the fates were playing him so well. Such an impeccable timing for Alex to come around for a visit.

-

"Anouk, open the door."

Should I?

"Yes, and you must hurry."

He was getting angry and impatient. To hell with this stupidity.

Opening the door to his room I asked,"Why did you kiss me?"

He stopped. Shook his head. Shrugged.

I am not into violence but feels like there is going to be a graphic display of it very soon.