Chapter 24: Blame

"Sophie, we'll find her!" Biana comforted Sophie as she sat down on the bed next to Sophie.

"Can everybody stop saying that?" Sophie sobbed into her pillow. Fitz pulled Sophie closer to him as he spoke on the imparter​ with Councillor Oralie.

"Yes, Marella and the baby are gone," Fitz spoke into the inparter.

"Marella registry pendant went to one of the caves on Havenfield and then it went dead like somebody broke the pendant," Oralie explained to Fitz.

"Do you know who else was registered to be in Havenfield at that time?" Fitz asked.

"The system says that Grady, Edaline, Biana, Marella, Sophie, you, and—" Oralie hesitated for a moment.

"Who?" Sophie asked in coarse voice.

"Harper Nanite." Oralie sighed.

"I should have known it was her! Sophie cried. She buried her head into Fitz shoulder and started balling.

"So since she couldn't kill my wife and children, she decides to kidnap one of them instead," Fitz groaned. He placed tow fingers on his temple a sighed.

"What does she even want with you Fitz?" Sophie asked. Fitz shrugged his shoulders and kissed Sophie on the head.

"I'll be over shortly so we can place registry pendents on the other two babies," Oralie smiled before hanging up the imparter.

"I called Mom and Dad, they should be over shortly." Biana told Fitz. He tried to stand up but Sophie grabbed him.

"Please don't leave me," she begged her eyes welling with tears. Fitz sat back down and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Whatever you want," he whispered. He pulled Sophie closer to him and she drew a long breath. She sighed and rested her head on his chest and fell asleep to the rising and falling of Fitz chest.

Fitz played with Sophie's hair for a while before one of the babies started screaming.

"Can you get the babies?" Fitz asked Biana. She nodded and walked into the living room to grab the babies. She came back in holding the two babies.

"I think she is hungry," Biana sighed staring at Amanda as she cried. Fitz nudged Sophie and she woke up.

"The baby it hungry," Fitz told her. Sophie sat up and rubbed her eyes. She took Amanda from Biana and started feeding her. She stroked Amanda's soft hair and stared crying.

"How am I supposed to look at Amanda without thinking about Alyssa?" She asked.

"Don't worry Sophie, you will see both of the girls together again, I promise." Fitz told her as he wrapped his hand around hers. Sophie drew in a shaky breath and looked back down at Amanda.

"We are going to get your sister back!" Sophie promised the baby. Amanda's big brown eyes met Sophie's.

"No matter how long it takes," Sophie sighed laying her head on Fitz shoulder.