Chapter 35: Wait What?

*2020 UPDATE PLEASE READ*
I am aware that this plot does not line up with the one in Legacy. That is because this book was completed in 2017. Also, I have yet to read Legacy, due to my busy schedule, and I'm sure some others have not read it as well. With that being said... Please DO NOT post spoilers in the comments, I had a major plot line of Legacy spoiled because of the comments and I do not want others to have to have their read experience spoiled because of something said in my comments. Thank you and enjoy the last few chapters of After Foxfire :)

Her parents were...

"Wait," Sophie said drawing in a breath, "What?" She finished holding the paper closer to her face.

"What are you so surprised about?" Dex asked. Sophie held the paper out to him and he stated at it intently. His eyes then widened and he backed away from Sophie.

"No way!" He denied.

"I have been living with my real mom my who time in the elven world? My mom is Edaline?" Sophie asked.

"That means we are actual cousins," Dex whined. They both made eye contact and didn't break it.

"Ewww!" They both said at the same time.

"Edaline never told me this," Juline confessed. She walked over to Sophie and plucked the paper out of her grasp.

"So your dad is?" She asked Sophie.

"I don't know, there are three names written down," Sophie mumbled.

"Which are?" Dex pressed on.

"Grady, Kenric, and Forkle?!" Sophie read. Juline pulled Sophie into a hug and she collapsed into her arms.

"I know you still miss him Sophie," Juline soothed.

"Two of the people on this list are dead!" Sophie sobbed.

"If anything you still have your husband, mom, and children," Dex told Sophie.

"I need to go home," Sophie whispered before running out the door and glittering away in the light. Sophie burst into her houses door and burst into tears. Fitz came out of his office and rushed over to Sophie.

Sophie collapsed into his arms and Fitz just held her. She cried and cried, sometimes she needed to cry just like her three babies. Soon she was just sniffling and Fitz lifted her chin up with his thumb.

"What happened?" He asked her.

"My mom is Edaline and I don't know who my dad is," Sophie sniffed handing the scroll to him. He read the scroll and his eyebrows knitted into a confused look.

"How about you call down a little bit before you go talk to your parents," Fitz suggested. Sophie nodded and Fitz took her to there bedroom. He pulled out his inparter and called somebody from his work telling them that he was taking the rest of the day off.

He then grabbed their kids and brought them to the bed. All of the then could sit up and all of them could take steps. They were getting so big and Sophie couldn't help but think of their future. How they would grow up and be the Vacker triplets, the ones who set a roll model for everyone.