Chapter 31: At Nightfall

"We are twins!" Biana screamed. She was about to march straight up to her parents but Keefe held her back.

"What do you mean?" Fitz asked gripping Sophie's hand so hard that it started to turn white.

"You guys were born at the same time, but we kept Biana a secret and pretended that she was born two years later," Alden confessed.

"So you are telling me that I am twenty?" Biana asked. Their parents nodded and Biana fell back onto Keefe.

"I could have been in the same grade as Keefe!" Biana whined.

"This is just messed up!" Fitz growled running his fingers through his hair. He grabbed Amanda from Della and handed her to Sophie and then took Emmett from his dad.

"Don't even try to talk to us tonight!" Fitz warned his parents. With those words they put all three babies back into the carrier and the four of them walked off.

When they got far enough away from Alden and Della, Biana broke down into tears.

"I can't believe they lied to me!" Biana sobbed as Keefe rubbed her back. He whispered soothing things into her ear and tried to calm her emotions. That was for his own well being too, since he was an Empath.

"I can't believe it," Fitz muttered as he sat down at one of the marble tables. "Lied to us for twenty years!" He added.

"Hey, you and me have something in common now, I thought I was a human for twelve years and you thought you were a single birth child for twenty years," Sophie told him. A small smile broke out on Fitz face and he looked up at her.

"You're right!" He laughed.

"How about we dance a little bit, my mom can watch the kids," Sophie instructed placing a hand on Fitz shoulder. He grabbed her hands and they walked into the dance floor. Sophie hands rested comfortably on Fitz shoulders and his hands fit perfectly around her waist.

"I love you," Fitz murmmered to her and brushed his lips against hers. She smiled and met his gaze.

"I was reading about this night and it said that it is tradition to kiss at nightfall, is that true?" Sophie asked Fitz.

"I think so, but if not we are making it true," He answered. They both laughed and Fitz pulled her closer to him. They both looked at the sky and the sun was starting to set.

"This is wonderful!" Sophie mumbled into Fitz shoulder. He kissed her neck and they continued to dance to what sounded like human music.

"Is this human music?" Fitz asked.

"Yep, picked out by yours truly," Dex grinned walking up to Sophie and Fitz. Dex's hand was laced with Linh's hands and Sophie smiled. She had always loved Linh and Dex together.

"So is this official?" Sophie asked waving her finger back and forth in between Dex and Linh.

"Maybe," Linh blushed.

"Yes!" Sophie squealed. She hugged Lihn before her and Dex started dancing.

"Everybody it's Nightfall!" Somebody yelled from the crowd. Sophie and Fitz looked at each other before their lips crashed together. It seemed like forever before they pulled away.

"Never ever leave me," Sophie whispered as Fitz pulled her into his chest.

"I would never," He whispered to her wrapping his strong arms around her waist.