The Banishing

"Just listen to me. Just, please, listen to me!" Ben screamed. Nobody listened to him as Thomas jogged up to where Chuck, Liam and I were standing. He looked confused.

"Please, Minho!" Ben yelled. I noticed that Chuck had looked down to the ground. "Alby! No, please. Please, don't," Ben begged. I noticed the tears well up in Liam and Chuck's eyes.

"Please don't do it," Ben begged as he was thrown to the floor. Minho cut the ropes holding his arms up and then threw the bag he had in his hand out into the maze. After that, Minho had walked away and was standing next Alby and them.

As the procedure had called for it, the Keepers, the leader, Alby, and second-in-command, Newt, were holding the poles that looked like 'Ts'.

"Poles!" Alby shouted and everybody got in position. I looked and noticed that Liam had looked down and began walking away with Chuck.

Ben was everybody's friend, but Liam and Chuck are the youngest of us all and they were really close with Ben. Chuck knew him for almost three years. Liam only knew him for a month, but Ben must have been like an older brother to them both.

"Move in!" Alby shouted again and slowly the ones with the poles began pushing Ben towards the maze doors. "No, no, no! Please!" Ben shouted and looked around trying to find some way to get out.

I walked away, far enough away I didn't have to see it, but close enough that I could still hear it. Liam and Chuck were sitting with their backs against a tree, trying to block of the sounds of Ben being banished.

"No, please! Please, don't! I can get better! Please, just listen to me! Please, stop, please!" Ben shouted. "Push him in!" Alby yelled over him.

"Stop! I'll get better!" Ben shouted one last time as he was pushed into the maze with the door closing shut behind him.

Thomas was staring at Alby, trying to process what happened. "He belongs to the maze now," Alby said and placed his pole against the wall. The rest of them following along and everybody dispersed.

The Homestead
Newt and I walked to our room. As we were walking past, I was able to catch part of Thomas and Chuck's conversation.

"Do you think he might make it?" Tommy asked. "Ben?" Chuck responded. Thomas didn't say anything. "No. No one ever survives a night in the maze. We just gotta forget about him," Chuck said then rolled over and went to sleep.

We made it to our room and Newt let me in first. I walked over to the bed and sat down. He walked over and sat down next to me.

"You okay, beautiful?" Newt asked. I took a deep breath. "No, I just want to know why? Why do the bloody bastards that put us here, keep on hurting us or our friends? Why and how did Ben even get stung in the middle of the day?" I rushed out.

"I don't know, love, I don't know. But I can promise you that as long as we're together, we will get through this," He said and grabbed my left hand.

"And that's exactly what this ring stands for. All of the promises that we make together and for each other. If I didn't think we could make it through this, then I wouldn't have asked the creators for the ring," He explained.

"I love you, Samantha. More than anything. And that's why I know we will make it," He finished.
"I will never let anything ever hurt you again. I promise you, love," He whispered in my ear which caused me to shiver in delight as I felt his warm breath against the skin of my neck.

I looked up from our hands and noticed that he was already staring at me. We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like years but was only minutes. Our breathing had become shallow and our faces inched closer together. We were inches apart and yet, I wanted to be closer.

"Newt, I-i. Kiss me?" I asked barely above a whisper, not wanting to ruin the silence in which we sat. He warm breath fanned across my face as he spoke. "Always," He whispered back.

I had wrapped one hand around his neck while the other tangled in his hair. His hands slowly found their way up to my cheeks as he leaned closer to me. Seconds later our lips were touching and it was like time stopped. There was no glade, no maze, no gladers, no grievers, and no worries. The world faded away and it was just the two of us.

His lips were smooth, soft, with just the right amount of roughness, and just the right amount of moisture. The kiss lasted longer than I expected. "Newt... I-" I paused and looked at him.

He was already staring at me. "I love you," I whispered. He smiled. "I love you to, ya dork. Now let's get to bed," He replied. I smiled.

"Stay?" I asked in a whisper. He nodded and took off his shoes before climbing into the bed behind me. Newt wrapped his arms around me and I turned over.

I placed my head on his chest with one arm across his waist and the other under my head on his chest. He brought me closer to him and we tangled our legs together. "Goodnight, love," Newt said. I smiled and place a soft kiss on his chest. "Goodnight, Newtie," I said and fell asleep.