Thomas' First Day Running

"Big day, Greenie. Are you sure you don't want to sit this one out?" Minho asked Thomas from outside the pit. I rolled my eyes. "Come on, man. Get him out of there," I said. He laughed.

"All right," He said and opened the pit door. Thomas climbed and followed Minho and I to get our stuff. I took my flannel from around my waist and put it on.

I rolled the sleeves up to my elbows again. After getting our runner packs and everything we needed we stood by the door ready to go. I had my runner pack, with water and food for lunch.

The runner pack also held my machete on it. I had my pocket knife in my front pocket and the smaller set of my throwing knifes were in their holster that was strapped around my waist.

As we were waiting Newt slightly jogged over to us, upon reaching us he pulled me into his arms

As we were waiting Newt slightly jogged over to us, upon reaching us he pulled me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands slipped into my back pockets.

"Be safe out there, for me, please?" He whispered.
"I'm always safe for you, I love you," I told him and kissed his lips. He kissed back before pulling away. "I love you too, baby girl," He said and kissed my forehead.

"Baby girl? That's new. I have to go now, but I promise I'll be safe," I raised an eyebrow at him, I  hugged him tightly. He kissed my lips again before pulling away.

"I know you will. I love you, darling," He said and let go of me. "I love you too, Newt," I replied. He waved and jogged over to the gardens to start working.

"You are so whipped," Thomas said. I turned around and punched his shoulder. He winced and grabbed his arm. "Damn girl. You hit hard," He groaned.

"Shut up, you would be to if you were me. And by the way, I stab harder than I hit," I told. He looked scared and put his hands up in surrender. Minho shook his head.

"What is it about him? It's the accent, isn't it?" Minho joked, I laughed. "It's actually much more than just the accent," I told them and the doors started opening.

"Let's go!" Minho yelled as the doors opened wide enough for us to fit. He ran through and I looked at Thomas. I started running after Minho with Thomas following along a few seconds later.

Near The Inner Ring~30 minutes later
"This way. Not much further to the inner ring," Minho said as we turned a corner and ran some more. "Let's go!" I yelled and we followed him down a path and around another corner.

"Come on! This way," He yelled and led us down past sections 4, 5, and 6. He slowed down to a light jog, before he stopped running and just started walking.

Thomas and I followed his lead and started walking. "That's strange." I said as Minho and I looked around confused. Thomas looked around amazed. "What?" Thomas questioned us.