Grievers In The Glade

The Med Hut~5 Minutes Later
Clint had bandaged the cuts on my thighs and now we were all standing around Alby's bed as he sat there with his shirt in his hands.

"Has he said anything?" Thomas asked as Newt and I walked to Alby's side and sat next to him. "No," Teresa said. "Alby... Alby are you alright?" I asked.

He didn't say anything he just started at the ground. "Hey, Alby," Newt said and went to place his hand on Alby's shoulder but I stopped him. Thomas moved around the bed and knelt down next to Alby in front of Newt.

"Alby, we might have just found a way out of the maze. Do you hear me? We could be getting out of here," Thomas told him in a soft voice. Alby looked sad and scared.

"We can't. We can't leave. They won't let us," Alby said in sad broken voice. "What are you talking about?" I asked him softly. "I remember," He replied.

"What do you remember?" Thomas asked him. "You. You were always their favorite, Thomas. Always. Why did you do this? Why did you come here?" Alby said and looked at Thomas.

We heard commotion outside and people shouting. We got up and left the med hut and went outside to see what was going on. Newt saw Winston and grabbed his arm.

"Winston, what's going on?" He asked and Winston turned to look at us, before pointing his torch towards the doors. "It's the doors. They aren't closing," He told us before jogging off.

Thomas, Newt, Minho, Teresa, and I jogged to the doors with him. Another group of boys jogged to the closed doors on the south wall, as the rest of us looked out into the maze.

The Doors~10 Minutes Later
We were standing at the doors still, when we heard this huge boom sound as the West Doors started to open.

"Ahh! Woah!" We screamed and covered our ears from the noise. We turned around immediately and saw the doors opening.

There was another boom as the North Doors were opened. "Ahh!" Some of us screamed again as we all covered our ears and ducked again.

There was a final boom as the South Doors opened but this time none of us jumped. We looked back out into the maze. "Chuck, go to the Council Hall and start barricading the doors," I grabbed Chuck by the shoulder with one hand and pointed with the other while looking back and fourth between him, Thomas and the maze.

"Winston, you go with him," Newt said, Chuck and Winston jogged off. "Got it," Winston said. I looked at Gally and motioned to the other Gladers.

"Get the others. Tell them to go to the forest. Go hide, now!" Gally yelled to one of the Gladers and pushed his shoulder. The Gladers nodded and ran off.

"Minho, I want you to grab every weapon you can find. I'll meet you at Council Hall," Thomas said to Minho with his hand on Minho's shoulder. I saw Newt get ready to jog off with Minho.

I looked back at Thomas unsure of where to go. Should I follow Newt and help get the weapons or should I stay and help Thomas? I looked at Newt one more time.

"Please, stay safe. And make sure to grab my guns, bow and arrows, and my other set of throwing knives, they should help," I told him as I backed up next to Thomas again.