New Greenie

~2 years later~
Samantha's Pov;
The Med Hut
I was helping Clint and Jeff in the med hut today. It was my day off as Ben and Minho were running partners today.

I was bandaging one of the slicers, when I heard the alarm of the box coming up. Oh yeah, it's new greenie day. I thought as I finished up with the slicer before running out of the hut and over to the box.

I met up with Newt halfway there and we jogged the rest of the way together. When we arrived at the box Chuck, Alby, Gally, and several of the others boys were already there.

Alby had two of the builders, Brandon and Peter, open up the doors to the inside of the box. Once they were open we stared down at the greenie. "Go get him," Alby told Gally.

Gally jumped down and hauled the greenie up the same way he did with me on my first day here. He tossed the greenie on the floor and immediately we all crowded around him, studying him.

"He looks like a slopper to me," I commented. "I could use some help in the kitchen," Frypan stated. The greenie scrambled around on his hands and knees looking at all of us as we stared at him.

Suddenly he jumped up, shoved past us, and made a break for it. "Hey, we got a runner!" Zart shouted. "He's pretty fast for somebody his size," I said.

We watched as he ran, he made it about two hundred yards before he tripped on the grass roots and fell on his face. He rolled for another couple of feet before quickly sitting himself up on his knees.

"Oh!" Alec shouted. The greenie stood up and looked around exactly as I had. As he was doing that, Jack and I jogged over to him. "Take it all in," Jack said to him.

The Pit
Jack and I dragged the newbie to the pit, tossing him in there, I locked the door and Jack left. "He's all your's," I said to Alby and went to walk away.

"Hey, Sam, stay here a minute? He did what you did in your first day so I want you to help give him the tour," Alby explained. "Okay, sure," I nodded.

We stood in front of the pit looking at the boy. He looked at us, and stood up. "Hey," He said. "Hey there, Green Bean," I replied.

"You're not gonna run again, okay?" Alby asked. The boy didn't respond. "Good. I'm Samantha," I told him. "My name is Alby," Alby spoke.

"Can you tell us anything about yourself? Who you are?" I asked the Greenie. "Where you came from? Anything at all?" Alby questioned. "No," The boy shook his head.

"Can you tell us your name?" I asked him. "I, uh, I can't remember anything. Why can't I remember anything?" He asked. "It's okay. Hey relax," I replied.

"Relax. It's normal, it happens to us all. You'll get your name back in a day or two," Alby said to him. "It's the one thing they let us keep," I added.

"What is this place?" The Greenie asked. "Let us show you," Alby said and we helped the boy out of the pit.

In The Glade~By The Tower
"We eat here. We sleep here. We grow our own food," Alby began. "We build our own shelter. Whatever we need, the Box provides. The rest is up to us," I added.

"The Box?" Newbie asked. "Yeah. It's sent up and nice a month with fresh supplies and a new greenie," Alby said. "This month that's you. Congratulations," I patted the boy on his shoulder.

"Sent up? By who, though? Who put us here?" The boy asked. "That we don't know," Alby replied. "Hey, are you all right, Alby and Sam?" Newt limped up to us.

The Last One's EscapeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara