Out Of The Glade; Into The Maze

Thomas' Memories~After He Stung Himself
'It's okay.'
'Thomas, I'm here.'
'Who put us here?'
'That, we don't know.'
'Teresa... Why are we doing this?'
'Excellent, Thomas. Come with me.'
'Wicked isn't good.'
'Thomas... Wicked is good.'
'How could this be my fault?'
'You did this!'
'I saw you!'
'I can't keep watching them die.'

The Pit~The Next Day~Thomas Wakes Up
"Hey. Are you okay?" Teresa asked Thomas as soon as he wakes up. She had been thrown in the pit with him and was running her fingers through his hair.

I still didn't trust her. Chuck, Minho, Newt, and I were on the outside of the Pit looking down at Thomas and Teresa.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Newt asked him angrily. "I don't think he was thinking," I mumbled under my breath but nobody heard me.

"What happened?" Thomas asked as he looked up at us. "Gally has taken control," I said. "He said we had a choice. Either join him... or get banished at sundown with you," Newt told him.

"And the others agreed to that?" Thomas asked. "Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened," I said with my head on Newt's shoulder.

"Well, he's been right so far," Thomas said and sat up. He leaned his back against the wall and looked down. "What are you talking about?" Minho asked him.

Thomas looked up at us, he had one leg bent with his arm wrapped around it. "This place... it's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were kids. They would give us these challenges," Thomas began telling us.

"They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork," Thomas said. "They were sending them up into the maze," Newt replied.

I was confused. "Yeah, but not all of us," Thomas said which confused the hell out of me even more. "What do you mean?" I asked him and leaned closer to Newt.

"Guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years," He explained. I stared at him in disbelief.

"The entire time you have been here... I was on the other side of it. So were you," He said looking at Teresa. "What?" Teresa asked as I looked at Thomas.

"Teresa, we did this to them," Thomas said. "No. That can't be true," Teresa shook her head. "It is. I saw it," Thomas replied. I shook my head.

"Why would they send us up if we were with them?" Teresa asked, I didn't trust her but she had a point. "It doesn't matter," Thomas replied looking at her before looking back at us. I looked up.

"He's right. It doesn't matter. Any of it. Because the people we were before the maze don't even exist anymore," I said and took a pause.

"These Creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are now, and what we do... right now. You went into the maze and you found a way out," Newt told him.

"Yeah, but if I hadn't, Alby would still be alive," Thomas said guiltily. "Maybe. But I know that if he were here, he would be telling you the exact same thing. Pick your ass up and finish what you started," My voice had become stern yet even then I knew I was still struggling to understand that he used to work for them.

"Because if we do nothing... then that means Alby died for nothing, and I can't have that. Okay," Newt finished. Thomas nodded. "Okay, but we gotta get through Gally first," Thomas said and looked at us.

In Front Of The Doors~Before Sundown
"This is such a waste," Gally said as Jake brought Teresa over with her arms tied above her head and Thomas was being dragged by Justin and Paul.

They threw him on the floor as Jake tied Teresa to a pole in front of the doors. "Gally..." Jeff trailed off. "It doesn't feel right, man," He continued.

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home," Winston said. Gally shook his head. What remained of the Gladers were standing around the door waiting to see what Gally was going to do.

"We are home. Okay? I don't wanna have to cross any more names of that wall," Gally said as he pointed to the wall of names.

"You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Teresa asked. Gally looked at her.
"No. But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering," Gally said.

Wait, what? An offering? What in the bloody hell is he thinking? A million thoughts and more were running through my head. "What? Wait, Gally what are you doing?" Teresa asked him.

All of us were confused, what the hell is he thinking? "You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done? Look around you! Look at our glade!" Gally yelled and turned in circle with his arms held out.

"This is the only way. And when the Grievers get what they came here for... everything goes back to the way it was," Gally finished his speech. I stood next to Newt as we looked at Minho.

Newt nodded at Minho, who nodded back at us. "Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" Teresa yelled. Gally turned to look at her.

"You shut up," He said to her and pointed his knife at her. "If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back. They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back... until you're all dead!" She yelled trying to convince the reaming Gladers.

Gally glared at her. "Shut up! Tie him up!" Gally yelled at Justin and Paul who were still by Thomas. He took a step and turned when he realized that nobody moved.

He looked back at the two. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!" Gally shouted again. Justin and Paul went to lift up Thomas, and that's when it all broke out.

Thomas hit Justin in the stomach before doing the same to Paul and shoving them to the ground. Chuck took his sign and ran over to us, Fry ran over and cut Teresa free.

Newt and I jogged to the doors as we all stood in a line. Gally went to take a step but Minho stopped him by putting his machete on his shoulder from behind.

He walked around Gally and gave him a look. After walking around Gally he joined the rest of us by the doors, keeping his blade pointed at Gally.

Chuck had given me all of my weapons and I had my bow and arrows in my hand. I had one arrow pointed and ready to fire.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally asked. "You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now is your last chance," I said and looked at everybody.

"Don't listen to them, they're just trying to scare you," Gally told the Gladers. I shook my head.
"No, we're not trying to scare you. You're already scared. We're scared," Thomas said.

"But we'd rather risk our lives out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here. This place isn't our home," I said pleading with the Gladers to come with us.

"We were put here. We were trapped here. At least, out there we have a choice," Thomas continued. I looked around. They're scared.

"We can make it out of here. We know that," I said. "I'm sorry." Gally said and shook his head. "Gally, it's over," I pleaded with him.

"Just come with us," Thomas finished. Gally looked down before he looked back at us. "Good luck against the Grievers," He said sadly and turned around to walk away with the rest of the Gladers that weren't coming.

I put my bow down and looked at Newt. "You can't save everybody," He told me softly. "I can try, Newt. I can try," I said sternly. He shook his head.

"You can't save somebody who doesn't want to be saved," He said. I paused, maybe he's right... You can't save somebody who doesn't want to be saved.