Part 2- A fatal conversion

Zap arrived on the cold, harsh land of Blunder, shivering as he got off the boat.
"Man, it really is cold here."
He said to himself. As he walked along the coast, he saw the target he'd been sent to kill. An umbreon wearing a helmet saw him and drew his weapon. Zap did the same.
"Alright, buddy."
He said.
"Let's make this quick."
After a short battle, the umbreon was on the floor, disarmed.
"Shiv won't let you get away with this. She'll kill you without mercy."
The umbreon told him. Zap just chuckled.
"I would have chosen different last words, but hey, it doesn't really matter to me, does it?"
Zap then impaled the umbreon, watching him as his life slowly drain away.

On his way back, Zap heard a rustle in the bush. He drew his dagger, listening attentively. A Pokemon with a spear headed out of the bushes, being followed by two others. Zap nervously stood his ground. They then charged, and being outnumbered, Zap was soon on the floor trying to squirm free. One raised a dagger to his throat before hearing a shout.
"STOP!"
A liepard the emerged from the bushes.
"Shiv, he killed one of our own."
One Viking commented.
"That's no excuse to kill him without getting his name at least. How rude."
Shiv replied.
"My name is Zap."
The Jolteon told them, sharing the Liepard's now shocked expression.
"It's been a while, Zap."
Shiv told him, walking up to him and nuzzling him.
"So it has."
Zap replied.
"I missed you so much."
Shiv smiled.
"So have I. Come back with us- let us get you something to eat at least. You must be hungry."
She said to him, leading him back to their settlement with the other vikings.

Zap looked in amazement at the large hall he was standing in and the table of food laid out.
"You own all of this?"
He asked, eating. Shiv laughed.
"Yes, I do. And I think it's about time I had some help with it."
She replied. Zap stopped eating and looked at her in shock.
"You want me to rule with you?"
She nodded, smiling gently at him. He smiled back.
"I'd love to!"
He said happily, embracing her.
"I always loved you when we were still together, but when you moved away, I forget about staying with you."
He told her.
"I feel the same, Zap. But you can stay with us now. Things can be the way we want them to be."
She replied.

And it was settled. Zap decided to stay with the vikings, and as four years passed, they raised three young Pokemon together, seeing life at the settlement as perfect. They didn't have a care in the world as they lived together happily.

***

Meanwhile, Shade has sharpened his skills with his halberd masterfully. He was sparring with Xavier, jabbing him and using his strength to knock him off balance. With one sweep of the leg, Xavier was down, but he knocked Shade back with his shield. The two battled until shade was on his knees, his halberd on the ground.
"Good try. You're getting better."
Xavier told him.
"Thanks."
He replied, getting up.
"I'll beat you one day."
Shade joked. Xavier laughed.
"We'll see."
Shade returned to the courtyard to continue training. Xavier went to meet with the queen.

"He's improving."
Xavier told her as they looked out of the window together over him.
"I can see. He'll be able to help you on the battlefield. You won't be on your own anymore."
The queen replied.
"I never was. I had Luca, Ryan and Zap with me. They'll still be here."
He was clearly unknowing of Zap's conversion.
"Perhaps, but Shade can stay with you. That's one thing to think about."
She replied.
"I suppose you're right."
Xavier replied.
"I'll keep you updated on how he does."
He went to leave the room.
"And don't forget-"
The queen began.
"I won't. Trust me."
Xavier replied, leaving.

With much left to do, Shade was far from fully trained. He would continue to train and accumulate power, however. Zap's conversion would soon change his path, causing him to change his lifestyle, his opinions and even his name. All this and more as the journey continues.