Part 5- Allies in the past, enemies in the present

After planning throughout the night, the plan was set. The knights would invade Blunder and take back their friends.
"So, are we clear?"
Xavier asked, getting a collective agreement from the knights around him.
"Good. Let's move, then."
The knights left their ship and set foot on Blunder's soil for the first time.

Meanwhile, Ryan woke up with chains around his wrists, looking at the other members of his group.
"Are you all okay?"
He asked. They groaned and tried to shake themselves awake, showing they were alive at least. At that point, Kraven and another Viking entered the dungeon.
"Morning, archers. I trust you slept well?"
Kraven asked, grinning deviously.
"Let us go, Kraven! We have nothing you could want from us!"
Ryan shouted back. Kraven shook his head, still grinning.
"Oh, but you do. And I'm going to take it whether it kills you or not. So listen up."
He walked closer to Ryan, holding the blade of his axe to his neck.
"You're going to tell me everything you know about the queen's affairs in Verana, or you'll find yourself dying in a hole."
Kraven told him harshly.
"Start talking."

The knights edged closer to the Viking settlement, wanting to get as close as possible. Only 195 of the 200 knights formed the group, suddenly charging at the settlement. The knight archers took the guards on top of the wall out, and the rest attempted to take out the gate. Eventually, siege ladders were used, and with no resistance on the walls, the knights made it up and over. The vikings responded by opening the gates, troops pouring out to defend their home. After the vikings had left their settlement open, the remaining 5 knights, including Shade and Xavier, stalked their way into the settlement.

As Kraven held his prisoners underground, he heard sounds similar to battle cries and clashing steel above him.
"It looks like your friends have come for you. We'll take care of them. Then I'll be back. Stick around until then."
He and his Viking then left the room, leaving the troops alone.

As they made their way through the village, the 5 knights killed any vikings who remained inside, heading for the fortress at the top of the settlement. It was then they spotted a Jolteon running right at them. They stopped as he reached them, suddenly seeing who it was.
"Zap?!"
Xavier asked, astonished.
"Yeah, it's me, but the name's Kraven now."
He replied. He then looked to Shade, who was burning up at this point.
"You've really grown. I like the look of that weapon as well. You look like a challenge."
He smiled evilly a he finished his sentence.
"I will hack you to pieces if you don't tell us where Ryan is."
Shade replied angrily, gripping his weapon tightly.
"Calm down, there. Why so desperate to leave? I thought we'd take a little time to chat and catch up. It's been so long hasn't it?"
Kraven replied, dodging a swing from Shade's halberd.
"Take us seriously and tell us where he is!"
Shade demanded, getting more and more angry.
"Fine. I guess I'll have to get rid of you the hard way."
At that moment, Shiv and a few other vikings caught up to them.
"Who are these Pokemon?"
Shiv asked.
"We could ask him the same about you."
Xavier replied.
"Don't worry, babe. These are just some former friends, but they're leaving."
Kraven replied.
"So, she's your mate? I wonder if you have any Pokemon of your own. I'd like to meet them. I'm sure we'd have a great time."
Shade added. That caused Shiv to lose it.
"How dare you invade our home and threaten us! We'll make you pay for this!"
She shouted.
"We're only here because you captured our friend! We'll end you and take him back, right now!"
Xavier replied. All soldiers drew their weapons and fought ferociously for their side until, after a few minutes, only Shade, Xavier, Shiv and Kraven remained.

Shiv's attempts to stab Xavier were proving futile; his shield constantly denying her and bashing her away, causing her to take a hit from Xavier's own weapon. She waited for an opening as Xavier stared her down, not giving her the chance she was looking for.

Meanwhile, Shade was slowly wearing Kraven down, his strong swings beginning to tire Kraven. After dodging another swing, Kraven used newfound speed and strength to hit Shade across the chest. He fell to one knee, recovering and seeing Kraven trying to pull his axe free from Shade's armour. Shade watched him struggle, grinning.
"Oh yeah, I should have warned you about that."
He replied, pulling the axe out and tossing it away. He then continued to swing at Kraven, who dodged his attempts to damage him. Shade quickly grabbed Kraven and shoved him into a wall, causing him to stumble. Shade then brought his halberd over his head to finish him. Shiv saw it all, hitting Xavier with enough force to send him tumbling backward. She then parried Shade's swing and knocked him off balance before fighting Xavier again.
"Thanks, babe."
Kraven said to her, picking up his axe and continuing the fight.

After several minutes, Xavier had had enough. He bashed Shiv with extraordinary strength, causing her to fall a few feet away from him. He then impaled her, causing her to cry in pain and lay on her side, crying and bleeding profusely. Kraven heard her, almost knocking Shade out, instead leaving him dazed on the floor and throwing himself at Xavier, who also fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

Kraven rushed to Shiv's side, seeing her wound. It was too deep to heal.
"I think that this... is the end for me..."
She told him, crying as a result of both the pain and sadness of the situation.
"No! You can't! Our children, our village, our Pokemon! I can't rule them without you! I need you! Please, Shiv! Stay with me! Don't die!"
He shouted, already knowing the truth.
"Take care of our children for me... and the village... remember all that we've done together... and think about all we've achieved. It can still live on... with you..."
She replied softly. Kraven lay on her, sobbing uncontrollably.
"Please Shiv... don't leave me..."
She looked at him with half lidded eyes. It was clear she was quickly losing consciousness.
"Take care of yourself, my love. Goodbye, Kraven. I love you..."
She nuzzled him with the last of her strength before going limp, her eyes closing one last time. Kraven began to cry into her side as Xavier and Shade watched, both slightly touched by what they'd seen. Even if they were soldiers, they still had emotions.

After pulling himself together again, Kraven looked at the two elite knights. His facial expression was one of pure fury and rage.
"I swear to you both, I will destroy you!"
He lunged at Xavier, who lifted his shield. Kraven grabbed his shield and pulled himself up with it, hitting Xavier hard in the face. Xavier's helmet was the only thing keeping him from getting badly damaged. Shade grabbed Kraven and threw him to the ground.
"Don't touch me, you big, furry oaf!"
Kraven then picked up his axe and stared at Shade, who blocked the swing with his halberd. Xavier then shield bashed Kraven, and while he was stunned, Shade hit him in the head with the bottom of his halberd, causing Kraven to lose consciousness. Shade went to swing at him again, but Xavier stopped him.
"Don't. We're only here to get Ryan. Now let's get moving."
Xavier told him. With that, they left Kraven alone and unconscious, and his mate lifeless. The two headed to the Viking fortress to save their friend, return home and tell the queen everything, as it would certainly be a very... interesting story.