Part 4- From friend to foe

As Ryan's ship landed on Blunder's coastline, the group immediately got to work. They quickly proceeded into the forest near to the country's border, trying to be as silent as possible. They never knew who could jump out on them, and judging by what the queen had told them, they could be dangerous.

They continued their advance through the land, keeping low and taking cover behind bushes and trees. It was then they stumbled upon a settlement with a high wooden wall surrounding it.
"Looks like we found our trouble makers."
Ryan whispered, slowly approaching the settlement's gate. He saw two Pokemon guarding it, both wearing spiked helmets and wielding axes.
"Vikings. I should have known."
Ryan scowled.
"So, what are we going to do now?"
A member of the group asked, making Ryan think.
"We could call the knights to help us attack."
One member suggested.
"Were not here to fight, just to scout."
Ryan replied, still thinking. It was then they heard a twig snap close to their position.
"Ready weapons!"
Ryan quietly shouted, aiming at the source of the sound. He listened attentively as he looked on with the other members of his group. It was then he heard a cry of surprise from behind his as one of his members was pulled backward into a bush. Disorientated and confused, the scout group were ambushed as vikings from in front and behind charged at them.
"It's an ambush! Fight back, archers!"
Ryan commanded, firing an arrow and piercing the chest of a Viking. The vikings soon closed the gap, using blades to slash at the archers. The archers then produced daggers and engaged in hand to hand combat. Ryan impaled a Viking, wasting no time helping an ally afterward. The archers held strong, stopping the ambush. It wasn't without its costs however, as they lost two archers and had one badly injured.
"Are you alright?"
Ryan asked the injured archer.
"I think I'll make it..."
He replied, coughing up blood.
"Lets go, archers. We're done here. We have our answers."
Ryan told them, lifting the injured archer up and heading for the ship.

"Were you successful?"
He asked, hoping for good news.
"No, we weren't. They escaped with minor losses."
A Viking told him. He frowned.
"I guess I'll have to do this myself, then. Get me five vikings at the gate before they get away."
He commanded. The Viking went to gather support.

The flaming arrow were approaching the ship, preparing to leave when they heard a rustling in the bushes.
"Not again..."
Ryan said, preparing to make another stand.
It was then only six vikings attacked, still managing to injure another archer. One seemed a lot more skilled, however. He deflected an arrow back at the Pokemon who fired it, causing him to fall to the ground with an arrow in his leg. He Swiftly charged at Ryan, disarming him and knocking him onto his back. It was then Ryan saw who the skilled Viking was.
"Zap?"
The Jolteon was just as shocked to see his former friend.
"Ryan?"
Ryan shoved him off, looking him in the eye.
"What are you doing fighting with vikings?"
Ryan asked, astounded.
"What are you doing here in the first place?"
Zap snapped back.
"I'm here because the queen wanted to know what was going on here. And we find you- a Viking. You're better than that, Zap. You always were. You've lead yourself down a very bad path, but it's not too late. There's still a chance for you-"
Zap scowled.
"Don't start with that. I'm a proud Viking now, and I always will be. I don't need to live with so called honour and dignity- all that matters is survival. So, before you start with all of this 'it's not too late' nonsense, I don't want to hear it."
Ryan looked as more archers around him lay dead. The last few struggled to their feet, huddling around him and the other five untouched vikings stood at Zap's side.
"Now look, Zap. We didn't come here for a fight. We'll just go and you'll never see us again. We never meant for this to happen."
Ryan explained, causing Zap to shake his head.
"Firstly, my name isn't Zap anymore. My name is Kraven. Secondly, you're not going anywhere. You've seen too much. If you think we're going to let you tell the queen about all this, you're dead wrong."
Kraven looked to the other vikings.
"Get them."
The vikings apprehended the remaining archers, leaving only the corpses of the dead behind. With that, the forest of Blunder went silent, and there was no sign of the archers or vikings anywhere.

Back on the ship, Shade was sitting on the deck, getting restless.
"They aren't in any kind of rush, are they?"
He asked.
"We need to give them more time. We're not going anywhere until we get the signal."
Xavier replied.
Shade stood up, dusting himself off. 
"Great- so we stand here and look pretty until we're needed. Great plan."
Xavier looked at him, the seriousness in his voice obvious.
"This plan was executed by the queen, and as soldiers we obey the queen's orders. Do you understand that?"
"Yeah, yeah. I get it."
Shade replied, looking out at the land of Blunder.

As night fell, there was still no sign of the archers.
"They must be in trouble."
Xavier decided.
"We should investigate."
Shade smiled.
"Finally! I thought we were going to die on this boat! Let's go!"
He went to get his armour.
"Not so fast!"
Xavier cut him off, holding his sword in front of Shade.
"We need a plan. Going in blind might get us killed. We'll plan now and go as soon as we can."
Shade sighed.
"Fine. Let's get planning."
He replied, beginning to think of ideas.

Shiv lay on the bed in her and Kraven's bedroom, watching as the torch burned in the corner of the room, being the only source of light. It was then she heard someone coming, jumped from the bed and stood up.
"Did you get them, sweetheart?"
She asked, seeing Kraven enter the room.
"Yes, we did. They're in the dungeon now."
Shiv smiled.
"Great work, honey. You were always the best at keeping the village safe."
"I do it all for you, babe."
He replied, kissing her softly on the forehead.
"I'll 'question' them tomorrow. Right now, it's getting late."
Shiv nodded.
"I agree. I'll take the kids to bed and join you when they're sleeping."
She explained.
"Great. See you soon."
He replied, getting into bed. He thought about what would happen tomorrow; Ryan was a friend of his, but he cared for his village very much. He would think of it more throughout the night. One thing was certain however; unless the knights reached them quickly, the next morning would be a hellish one for the archers. How hellish exactly was another matter- one the archers never hoped to get into.