Chapter 9

Remus POV:

My brother and I sat in front of the screen excitedly. Today is the day we see our mate again.

It has been terribly lonely without him and we have had a little bit of trouble focusing on the pack, but our Betas and cousins helped out a lot, giving us time to make room for Jaxon in the pack house.

We have informed the pack we have met our mate and we have had a mix of reactions from the pack. The elder ones are excited and relieved that my brother and I are finally settling down, while mated couples are excited to see how smitten we are with our mate. The younger, unmated members were not too happy. Some of the females are still trying to say they are our mate, and due to our distance from Jaxon, our wolves are taking no shit from anyone, growling and forcing submission at almost the first scent of jealousy and bad intent over Jaxon.

All of the pups are excited for their Luna to come, most already planning activities they can do with Jaxon to bond with him, though, I think Jessie and James are the most excited, telling everyone how kind Jaxon is, how pretty he is and how cool his wolves are. Everyone was impressed at the fact Jaxon understood wolf behaviour and used it to help other wolves. It has given the pack a sense of respect to Jaxon as well as a sense of calm, knowing he will fit right in.

I hissed when I felt a jab in my side.

"Stop talking to the readers, Jaxon is about to come on."

I went silent, giving you guys a apologetic look, but then ignored you guys when Jaxon came on screen.

"Hey guys." He smiled.

"Hey baby, how are the wolves?"

"They are doing excellently Ross, the pups can almost go into a pack, most of the wolves are ready to be released and the elders are getting stronger."

There was an attack on the elders enclosure when we were not there, a hunter attack. Jaxon had driven them off with the local sheriff on their tails. We were very worried for his safety, but he promised that he was almost finished and he would be with us soon.

He looked so sexy over Skype, he just seemed to have a glow about him that made me horny, yet protective.

We continued talking until we heard a howl on his side of the screen.

"One minute guys, let me check what is going on."

He moved away from the screen and the seat creaked off camera as he stood up.

We heard him leave the room and we waited in silence for a minute.

Seconds later, we heard shouting and me and Ross were on our feet, waiting for Jaxon to come back to the screen.

Sure enough, he did and he was breathing hard.

"Guys, help! Rouges and hunters are attacking my wolves and we are loosing. Please come quickly, I am worried for our pups' safety!"

"Don't worry baby, we are on our way. We will be there as soon as possible. For now, go and hide somewhere and lock the door if possible. Don't worry, we are coming." Ross spoke to Jaxon calmly.

The screen went dead and we ran out the door, contacting all our head warriors and ordering the rest of the pack into the cellars.

We need all the help we can get, and I do not want to worry about the pregnant and the young while we are gone.

I thought over what Jaxon said and grabbed my brother.

"Why did he say our pups' and not the pups? We had nothing to do with those pups at all.

"Maybe it was a slip of the tongue, but I will not rest until he is safe in our arms, where he belongs."

In five, we had everyone we needed outside.

"Your Luna is being attacked by rogues and hunters as we speak. We need your help to go and bring him to safety, are you with us?!" I roared, very please with the roars and howls in return.

"Let's Go!"

Pups POV (this is new):

I tucked Jessie behind me as we watched the big wolves go and get Jaxon back. Me and Jessie had (yet again) been playing away from everyone else, so we were left outside when the doors were closed and locked.

"We need to save mama." Jessie whispered, coming out from behind me when the wolves left.

"I know, are you ready to save mama?"

"Yes, anything for mama."

Jaxon POV:

Well this is just excellent. I watched in horror as my wolves were slowly loosing to these horrible, horrible people. I probably need to back up to explain what is actually going on.

A week ago, I had started putting up borders around the edges of my territory. I had just put the last one in when I felt my cat hiss in anger. I looked up and watched with amusement when three old men with hunting gear and guns walked straight past one of my borders and were walking towards my house.

I had walked in front of them, scared them half to death and demanded what they were doing. They had actually looked sorry for themselves when they said they were hunting for wolves and has followed tracks here and didn't see the signs. I had called them out as pieces of shit (I'm allowed, I am an pregnant 'female' whose hormones are all over the place). That had ticked them off and had started spewing crap about how having wolves is a crime and I'm a slut and all those bollocks. Luckily, the sheriff an I know each other well and we were supposed to be having a meeting in 5 minutes about these people and he had turned up right on time, yet again making the hunters shit themselves and carted them off.

However, while I had been busy with them, someone had snuck behind and had cut open the elders enclosure, intending to get to my wolves. The wolves hadn't taken any crap luckily and I had the unslightly job of removing... certain parts that had been detached from a male hunter.

Prior to this, I have had death threats from rogues from their King demanding I come quietly and no one would get hurt. My adolescent wolves dealt with them easily and it helped with their fighting lessons.

But, even though I have tried to stay calm, I am worried for the pups in me. The stress is not good for them and due to the fact their fathers do not know about them yet isn't good for my cat either, if it had been up to them,, would have their mates with them at all times looking after all our needs. Luckily, their wolves and my cat understood, but it hasnot been easy.

Fast forward back to now and I'm watching a carnage in front of me. The hunters and rouges seemed to have teamed up and were destroying my wolves. I saw wolves dying before my eyes and my cat was hissing and growling with rage. I shouldn't be shifting until labour, but it seems I may not have a choice soon. I have warned my mates, so they should be here any min-

Two vicious howls sounded close by, followed by strong re-calls from wolves around, making me sigh in relief.

My mates have arrived.