Chapter 14

Possible mentions of detailed fights, please do not read if you do not like bloody details or similar.
Jaxon POV:
I stared at the guy who came out of the bushes, my cat bristling with dislike.
"Dude, my dead wolves killed you a few chapters ago, what happened?" I growled, seeing Remus already try to cover me.
"You killed my brother, and you shall pay!" He growled.
"Ah, it makes sense now. First a deranged 'King' and now an angry brother, what next?! A talking dragon?"
"You killed my brother and made my King angry; so, be ready," He smirked evily before shouting.
"WOLVES, ATTACK!!" And feeling yet more deja vu, a multitude of wolves leapt out of the undergrowth and started attacking my wolves along with my protection squad. Their fur was matted or covered in mange and their jowls dripped with vile looking saliva. They got more rogues in on this as well.
Remus scooped me up bridal style and started sprinting for the exit, drawing to a halt once he realised wolves had gotten behind us and had trapped us.
"Baby, I told Ross what's happening and he is on his way with more wolves. I need you to stay behind me so that I can protect you--shush, your mate is talking. You will be protecting my back, so that I can have peace of mind. You are not weak and you know I know that but you are protecting more lives than just mine, understood?"I grinned at him."You're an awesome mate, you know that right?"
He smiled and quickly kissed me on the lips "I don't think you would let me forget it."
We parted and turned with our backs to each other.

It's time for battle.

As soon as I said that, Ross and more of the protection squad leapt into view, growling and snarling. He winked at me and I blew a kiss back.
"What did you do with the boys?" I asked him.
"Left them with two warriors, they were playing with the puppies just as I left." Ross calmed me.
Ok, now it's time for battle.

Time skip...

The battle had been going on for 5 minutes now and it wasn't looking good. There was blood everywhere and though I knew we were winning, I knew it wasn't by much, any death now could turn the tables. I hadn't been given the oppotunity to hit anything yet, Remus and Ross leaping in before I could even think of a battle cry, making me very antsy and rearing for a fight. My kittens were also squirming, but I think for different reasons, kicking me in the ribs or my bladder (why, during a fight of all times)?
I wasn't feeling like I was going to get my pennies-worth in and then, there it was... My moment.
Both my mates were occupied and one rogue slipped into the ring, their eyes set on me. I cracked my knuckles and lengthened all my spikey things and hissed warningly.
Don't come after a mother cat no matter what gender, we murder all the same in the name of baby protection.
The rogue leapt just as I did and we clashed midway. The rogue was slow and uninteresting, allowing me to make easy work of him with a quick dodge to the left and a slice through the stomach, allowing him pain during death. I double checked before I turned away that he wasn't able to continue fighting before turning and looking for my next victim.
As I watched closley, I noticed something horrible happening. I watched as a rogue cut one of the female warriors down, followed by another one. I turned to look behind me to see another rogue cut down two of our own yet again.
"Ross," I shouted worriedly. "We seem to be loosing here."
"Don't worry baby, we won't let anything happen to you, we will fight until you're safe." And he killed another rogue, then turned around and smiled kindly at me before moving on. Remus moved closer, so I continued the conversation with him instead.
"That's not what I am worried about, I'm worried about the warriors, they are getting injured way too quickly and need medical attention as soon as possible."
"They agreed to an oath that they would fight by the Alpha's and Luna's sides until their last breath, as soon as we all know you are safe, we will gather up and take everyone to seek medical attention as quickly as possible."
"Still not making me feel any better." I said stubbornly, a feeling of guilt starting to wash over me.
"Baby, it's ok. The warriors understand and want to make sure that you are safe, that is their main concern."And that was the end of that conversation. I looked around and seeing more of our own dying or being felled along with seemigly more rogues at every turn... and that perverted old man watching me creepily. He opened his mouth and seemed to mouth something, so I tuned into my cat ears and listened to him.

"All it takes is for you to say stop and come with me quietly, all this blood shed will stop and everyone goes away happy. All you have to do is say stop. "
I glared at him and shook my head viciously. He shrugged nonchoantly.
"Then the blood shed continues."
I could feel Ross and Remus slowly coming closer and closer to me as our wolves grew fewer and fewer, making the ring around me smaller and smaller. A rogue grabbed one of the few remaining warriors and slit his throat, throwing the body so that it landed next to me.
He was looking up and was clawing at his throat. He was a young wolf, maybe 19 or slightly older with short brown hair and vivid blue eyes, reminding me of an older version of James.
I kneeled down and grabbed one of his hands, getting his attention onto me. Tears started out of the corners of my eyes as I knew he was dying because of me
"I'm so sorry, I didn't want any of you to get hurt, it's all my fault. " I sobbed.
His grip tightened on my hand.
"A-anyting for the protection o-of the Luna. I die k-knowing I did my best to p-protect you. Thank you for making the alpha's happy and being an a-amazing Luna."
"But I haven'y done anything yet. " I started to sob.
"But what you h-have done shows that you will be amazing, I feel honoured that I had the oppotiunity to meet you and p-protect you. " And his grip loosneed and his head fell to the side.
What began as saddness quickly turned to rage as I glared at the perverted old man who was still creepily smiling.
"All you need to do is say stop and it's all over."
You win old man.
"Ross? Remus? " I call out to them, making sure that they were still concentrating and protecting themselves.
"Yes baby? " They both answer.
"Please don't be mad at me for this, "
They turned to me confused and I got up and stared the old man on, took and deep breath and shouted.
"STO-"

Yo guys, cliffhanger again. Thank you for waiting for this excuse of a chapter, I hope it is worth it. I finished my college course and hopefully start university in about a weeks time, so updates will definetly be random, but I will do my best to make sure that I'm around in the comment section and I'm around to make any edits/corrections. So if you see anything, let me know.
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Jex-