Chapter 16

Warning! 

Strong language and abuse, please read at your own risk and the ending is crap, I'm sorry

Jaxon POV:

I barley slept through the night, every shift of scent or breeze caused me to become wide awake and any sound made me tense up, it didn't help that the cubs could sense my unease and were kicking constantly- though it hurt- it made me feel better knowing they are alive and kicking in my womb.

What felt like days, but probably was only early morning the next day, I heard a clang of a metal door and heavy footsteps coming towards my cage. I was on edge again and a low growl started up at the back of my throat. A body stopped outside the door and I looked up in disgust at the rouge outside the door.

I guess our thoughts were mutual as he also looked at me in disgust.

"The King requests your presence, you will come quietly and without a struggle, I will put a rope around your neck." I growled at him but made no move towards him. He growled in annoyance but unlocked the cage and came towards me.

My cat yowled at him and went to swipe warningly at the rouge.

"I will let you off this once but try that again and I will kick you in the stomach." He growled, eyes turning red as his wolf came to surface.

I hissed at him but stayed still this time as he came closer. I shivered in disgust as the rope went over my neck and I dragged myself out from under the bed to prevent the rope tightening uncomfortably. The rogue gave a light tug and I followed him slowly, looking around warily, trying to take as much information as possible about where I was to figure out an escape plan. Because I was slow, the rogue was in front and I don't think he was aware of what I was doing. As long as I kept moving, he didn't care.

We exited the dungeon and I looked like we were heading towards the stupid place with the throne, where I was strangled yesterday. I ginned internally as my suspicions were correct and we entered the area and I was able to get a good look at the throne.

It looked like something from Game of Thrones, but instead of swords and metal, it was all tree branches. Shame a prick sat on it, otherwise it would be very beautiful.

The 60-year-old stood up and snatched the rope from the rogue's hand. The rogue turned and left without a word and it was just me and the old man.

He looked at me with a disappointed look, then spoke.

"I am having some people over for an alliance, he has a mate and that would make him a higher status unless I brought mine, I would prefer you as human, but there's no time for that now. You will not shift whilst the Alpha and his mate are here, you will not make a noise and you will sit by my throne like a good mate any disruption from you will result in a punishment, understood?" He had a look on his face that I couldn't quite decipher, it looked like he was almost proud of himself that he had just threatened me. I hiss at him, but nod to show him I understood and I slunk next to the chair, making sure my belly was close to the ground to prevent any unsuspecting attacks.

As I get myself comfortable by the chair, a rogue enters the room.

"Alpha and Luna Moon have arrived, would you like them to come now?"

The King nods and I see and male and female enter the room. The male was huge! As in, height-wise, probably at least getting towards 7ft, his eyes had an annoyed look and I could feel curiosity as to why. The woman on the other hand was much smaller than the Alpha, standing maybe 5ft 7 and her long blonde hair was in a plait going down her back to settle at her lower back, she had a petite frame and though reeked of confidence, was standing very close to the Alpha male, making very obvious if not already told that they are mates.