Chapter 22: The Present

CAN WE ALL TAKE A MOMENT TO ADMIRE THE GIF UP THERE ^

1 YEAR LATER

"Okay see you soon!" one of my close friend, Soo Young, shouted as she waved at me and made her way back home. I smiled and waved at her as I made my way out of my college campus and back to my small apartment. Yup, I'm in college now. 3 more months to the end of my first year there.

I walked slowly, taking in the beautiful scenery and fresh air of Busan. It was a normal afternoon and people were all heading back to their crib after a tiring day in college. Some were going to the nearby shopping mall or some are heading to the food market.

I suddenly remembered the time when I went to the food market with Yoongi. You should stop thinking about him. I let out a breath and continued walking.

After a few minutes, I finally reached the front door of my small apartment and unlocked the door. Once I was inside, I quickly took a shower and changed into a new set of clothes. I then made my way out of the house to a nearby cafe.

"Unnie! I'm here!" I said as I walked in and headed to the counter. Then a tall woman with sleek black hair tied in a ponytail came out of the room behind the counter. "Oh okay. Hey changed and take care of the counter," the lady, Bona said and went back to the room behind the counter. I went in and changed to my uniform and took my place at the counter.

Yes, I have a part time job now. I'll explain the reason later.

The whole day, I took orders from people and made their drinks for them. It was tiring. I wiped my sweat and I took a cloth and wiped the counter. I looked at my watch. 4.50pm. My shift is ending in ten minutes. Suddenly the door opened and came in a tall familiar figure. I smiled and shouted, "Ya! Oppa! Your here!" Taeil looked at me and smiled as he made his way to the counter.

"Excuse me miss. Can I have an iced chocolate mocha with whipped cream and extra chocolate sprinkles?" Taeil said. I nodded my head with a smile and went to make his drink. By the time I finished making Taeil' s drink and returning his change, my shift was over.

"Ya Oppa! Go find a seat first. I'll be with you in a sec," I said and waved him off.

"Okay," he said and went to find a seat. I went to the room behind the counter and changed out of my uniform just as the next person for the next shift came in. "Good luck!" I said to the next person who was going to do the next shift. She just smiled and nodded.

I went to go find Taeil. I quickly settled myself down when I spotted him sitting at the table in the corner of the cafe. "Are you done?" he asked me as I sat at the empty chair.

"Duh! But Oppa, aren't you busy? You always come and pick me up. Don't you have anything to do," I asked as I took a sip of his drink that was left untouched on the table.

"What am I suppose to do? My college ends around the same time as your shift. Plus, I should take care of you since your living alone now," he said and snatched his drink back. I rolled my eyes and said, " Ya, I can take care of myself. You should be taking cared of your girlfriend."

Ever since I ran away from the boys. Taeil came and took care of me. He moved to Busan with me and helped my find an apartment. He even payed for it since I didn't have enough cash with me. I did not expect to be running away again. I did the part time job in order to be able to pay him back. He comes everyday when my shift is about to end to come pick me up and bring me back home. Even though I told him many times that I was fine, he still wouldn't listen. I mean he should be taking care of his girlfriend, not me. Ah and if you guys didn't know, Taeil got himself a girlfriend when we moved to Busan. She's really nice and doesn't seem to mind Taeil spending time with me. I think Taeil explained the whole situation as to why we're close and his girlfriend, Haru unnie, seemed to understand. She even comes over to my apartment from time to time to cook food for me since I don't really have time to cook because of college and my part time job.