Part 2

Chapter 2

Adam sat at the table, wondering exactly how he could make this dinner end quickly.  His best bet was to insult her, but even then, some women liked to be insulted.  He shook his head while looking across the table at her.  It wasn’t that she wasn’t pretty.  To be honest, she was too beautiful for his liking.  She was too well put together for him. 

Looking to his right, he watched Ally fidget in her chair.  She wanted to leave the table as bad as he did, but for a different reason.  She knew Sebastian was hiding something, that he had a secret, and it was killing her.  A large grin flew onto his face as he leaned closer to her.  “I know.”

Her head snapped towards him, her eyes a little brighter than they should be.  “Adam,” she snapped, narrowing her eyes a little. 

“What?” he asked, widening his eyes in an innocent manner.

With an evil grin, she motioned across from him.  “I would like for you to meet Brittany.”

“Later.  Right now, I want to know exactly how you’re doing with your children in the other room.”

Her eyes darted towards the opening from the dining room to the living room, but she didn’t move an inch.  He had to give her credit.  For the first couple of months, she wouldn’t even think about leaving the room without all three of them by her side.  Now, as long as she had a clear view of them, she was fine.

“Zeke’s sitting right there.”

Adam smiled.  “And Charlie.”

Ally turned towards him, and he could tell that she just managed to stop herself from rolling her eyes at him.  “I don’t trust her yet.”

“Alex,” Sebastian spoke up from her right.

She shrugged with an unapologetic look on her face.  “They are mates, and I made sure to keep them together, but that does not mean that I am ready to let her around my children unsupervised.”

Seb shook his head while looking through the doorway himself.  “You trust Zeke.”

“And me,” Adam added with a smile.

“And Andrew,” Ally mumbled.

“Excuse me.” 

Adam turned bored eyes towards the guest, but had to fight the humor creeping into them.  How did she feel, sitting on one side of the table while all three of them sat on the other?  It wasn’t that no one wanted to sit by her; it was that none of them was willing to relinquish their view of the triplets.  Before he was connected to Ally, Adam had always kept an eye on the babies, but now that he was connected to the Queen, he couldn’t keep his eyes off them. 

“What?” Adam asked, keeping his voice neutral.