Part 12

Chapter 12

A low growl vibrated deep in the back of his throat as Ally blocked the doorway.  When she didn’t move an inch, Adam narrowed his eyes at her back.  It was times like this that he wished he could use his ability on her.  How easy would it be to just jerk his head and send her out of the way?

“Adam,” Sebastian growled, cutting the negative thoughts from his mind.

He looked towards Sebastian, but didn’t keep the anger out of his eyes.  “Sorry,” he mumbled while turning back towards Ally.  “Please let me through.”

“No,” she hissed in a low voice.  “You are going to stay in the cabin, play the perfect human, and show Sloan how much she can enjoy your company.”

“Ally,” he said in a low voice, “just occupy Sloan for five minutes.”

Ally pivoted towards him, an angry expression on her face.  He could hear Andrew and Sloan’s footsteps getting closer; he knew that it was only second before they would be on the cabin’s front porch, expecting entrance. 

“I’ll handle him,” she muttered as she took a step closer to him.  “He’s not trying to anger you.”  She paused for a minute, her eyes narrowing.  “Fine, he’s probably doing it to anger you, but Adam you have to remember how Barron is.”

“He was taunting her, Ally.  Barron was trying to scare her, trying to make her leave.”

Ally sighed as she walked towards him.  Just as she grabbed him and pulled him into a tight hug, he saw Andrew followed by Sloan walk into the cabin.  “He’s just trying to help,” Ally whispered in his mind.  “He thinks that if she knows what we are, your relationship will progress faster.”  She pulled away from him, her eyes slightly pleading.  “He won’t go around her, in leopard form, again.  I’ll have a talk with him, Adam, but you know if you do it, he’ll just try to scare her even more.”

“Fine,” he said aloud as his anger subsided.  Shaking his head, he tried to form a smile on his lips.  Ally was right.  In his own odd way, Barron was trying to help, and maybe Adam had overreacted slightly.  He just couldn’t help the flash of anger that flew through him when he found out Barron was in the forest, taunting Sloan with his form.  Ally was right though.  If Adam would have gone after Barron, not only would he have lost the fight, but also he would have caused unnecessary drama for Ally and the rest of them.  It was bad enough fighting people that they didn’t know; he didn’t want to fight the people he thought of as brothers.

Plus, he thought with a large smile, the only thing that Barron couldn’t stand was Ally’s disappointment.  As much as the scary shifter didn’t want to admit it, they all knew that Ally was the one person who could get under his skin.  Ever since she had stood up for herself, Barron had a deep respect towards Ally.  She was the only one who could put him in his place without Barron turning deadly on them.  The large smile on his face grew to impossible lengths as a thought flew through his mind.  Ally may have been the only one that could control Barron at that moment, but as soon as the man found himself a mate, he wouldn’t have a chance.