Part 4

Chapter 4

“I feel ridiculous,” Ally hissed under her breath.

Adam and Sebastian smiled at her as she tugged at the skirt she wore.  Even if Adam couldn’t tell exactly what she was feeling, he would know by the look on her face.  She was less than happy, and she hated her outfit.

“Alex,” Sebastian said with a sigh while shifting Noah from one arm to the other, “you don’t have to wear a skirt if you don’t want to.”

She glanced down with a wince.  “You bought it for me.”

“But that doesn’t mean you have to wear it.”

Adam bit the inside of his cheek.  The two of them were hilarious.  Neither of them wanted to hurt the other ones feelings, neither of them wanted to do anything remotely bad to one another.  That was true love, a little odd, but true.  At that exact moment, their love was bordering on ridiculous, but being Adam, he had the perfect solution to their problem.

Biting his lip, he pulled the corner of his mouth up in a half-smile.  “I have an idea,” he drawled.  “How about you keep the skirt on?”  His eyes stayed on her legs, making his point clear.

“Change,” Sebastian snapped just as Ally let out an annoyed groan.  

When she heard Sebastian’s words, the groan turned into a happy noise as she smiled at them both.  “It’s not that it isn’t a nice gesture.”

“Just change,” Adam and Sebastian urged simultaneously.

Nodding, she passed Adam on the way to her room.  “Thanks,” she whispered while squeezing his arm. 

With a small nod, he watched her leave.  Once she was out of sight, he turned back towards Sebastian.  “It’s not that it isn’t a nice gesture,” he mimicked in a girly tone.

“Shut it before I make you hold Noah,” Sebastian growled under his breath before letting a smile from on his face.  “What are the two of us going to do when you’re not around anymore?”

“Be mean to each other every once in a while,” Adam answered while flopping down on the couch.

Sebastian shook his head as Noah squirmed in his arms.  With a sigh, the Leopard King bent down, placing his son on the ground to play.  “I don’t think you understand.  I can’t be mean to her.  Oh, it’s not that I don’t want to at times.  It’s just that it hurts.  I know you don’t understand, but—Shit, I forgot.”  Sebastian closed his eyes, true regret coming off him in waves.  “Adam, I’m sorry.”

With a laugh, Adam shook his head.  “Don’t be sorry.  It’s easy to forget things that you weren’t around.  My mate died when I was your age.  I’m twenty-four now, and even though we were only mated for a couple months, I know how it feels.  You don’t want to do anything that might hurt the other.  You don’t want to upset them, disappoint them, or harm them in any way.  You’ll learn that it’s good though.  Having a fight every once in a while is good for the relationship.  It keeps things from getting too tense.”

“How about this?” Ally asked, walking back into the living room.

Adam stared at her for a moment, before cutting his eyes towards Sebastian.  With a nod in Ally’s direction, he silently told Sebastian to take his chance.

The man sent Ally a painful smile.  “Unless you plan to kill them all, I’d change.”

She glanced down at the knives strapped to her legs and sighed.  “You’re right.  I’ll be right back.”

“You have ten minutes!” Adam called out as she left the room once more.  His eyes followed her movement, but when she was out of sight, he turned back towards Sebastian.  “See was that so hard?”