Just Wanna Come Back | Dave East

Yn | December 2015

"Fuck you and don't ever contact me again, I swear to god!" I said yelling at my boyfriend, Dave. "What the fuck you talking bout Yn? Always on some bullshit!" He said yelling back at me. I looked at him with hatred in my eyes and grabbed his phone and showed him the messages.

  babymama 💕- three more months! 👶🏽

He kept reading it over and over, "it doesn't take that damn long to read that one little text, dumbass." "Why are you going through my phone?" "Why can't I? Only cheating ass niggas say that shit! So get tf out now and don't ever come back." He looked at me sadly, and began packing his clothes.

"You're not moving fast enough." I said grabbing a suitcase & throwing his clothes in it. I stood by the front door watching him take all his shit to his car. He kissed my cheek and said,  "I love you and I'm sorry." I just stared at him and proceeded to leave.

Yn | March 2016

I was scrolling through Instagram and a picture of his newborn baby popped up. Tears started rolling down my eyes because I was supposed to have his baby not her! I decided to text him to tell him congratulations.

        to Dave 💛 - congratulations, she's
beautiful.
       to Munchkin 🌺 - thanks, means a lot.

I miss him so much but I can't just take him back like that. He got a whole damn baby, I can't compete with that.

Yn | Present 2017

Rain was pouring down, lighting striking, and thunder booming. I had just freshened up, putting a tank top and shorts on, preparing to go to bed. As I was climbing in my bed, my doorbell rung. Who the hell is at my house with all this bad weather.

I unlocked the two locks I had on my door and was about to yell until my eyes fell on something I never imagined.

I cut the outside light on making sure I wasn't imagining nothing. It was Dave and his sleeping daughter, his eyes were sad. "What're you doing here?" "She kicked us out, and I have no place to go right now." I decided whether or not I was going to let him in or not.

I felt bad for the them, mostly the baby so I stepped to the side letting them in. "Thank you so much." He said kissing my cheek as I shut the door. I just nodded and grabbed the wet little girl. "She needs to take a warm bath because you had her in that horrible weather."

We walked upstairs and I looked through my dressed drawers to find something for her to wear. My niece is always at my house so I have clothes for her. I settled on a Minnie Mouse pajama set. I took her into my bathroom, bathed her, and laid her down in my bed.

I went back into the bathroom and sighed, being that I was frustrated. I looked up in the mirror to see him stand behind me, "you okay?" I turned around looking at him, "You really think I'm okay? You came here with a little girl that you had because you cheated on me!" I said with tears rolling down my eyes. "That was supposed to be me Dave! Not her!" I said hitting him over and over again.

He just let me, seeing how hurt I was. I finally stopped abusing him, and he just hugged me letting me cry. "Yn you don't know how sorry I am. I never ever meant to hurt you this bad, I love you with all my heart. She was just one of my old girlfriend who I loved and thought I still loved her but being with her again made me realize that I love you Yn." He said laying his head on top mines.

"I just wanna come back, please?" He said looking at me with pleading eyes. Man I missed him so much, "Dave, you can come back but i swear to goodness if you cheat on me again, don't even think to come back to my doorstep or text my phone.

Yn | December 2017

I sat watching Dave interact with his daughter and family members on Christmas Eve. We were all gathered around the glass table in the dining room, when Dave wanted to make a toast.

"I just want to thank God for all of my family, my daughter and my soon to be wife who'd pregnant with my second child, and for my career that's going amazing." I laughed at the part about the soon to be wife because aren't even engaged.

He came in front of me reaching into his pocket and bending down. "I was foreal about the soon to be wife, Yn I love you with all my heart, will you marry me?" He said looking up at me. I nodded my head while crying, he stood up placing the ring on my finger and kissed me.

The night was over and we were just laying in bed, he rubbed my stomach and said, "Thank you." "For what?"

"For letting me come back." ❤️