Chapter 1: Unfairness

Risa's POV

It's 2 am and I'm still awake. I don't know why, actually I do know, I don't know how, I know that too actually, but I am. After mom and I went out to buy some things, I came back with a pack of coffee, and you can probably guess what happened from there.

Yep. I drank a cup. At night.

Biggest mistake of my life.

It's the first day of school tomorrow, well now actually today, and here I am wide awake rolling around in my bed. I'm probably going to have huge under eyes tomorrow, so big that make up probably wouldn't even cover it. With a sigh, I closed my eyes and began counting sheeps again.

Apparently that worked, as I found myself currently scrambling out of my bed to find my alarm clock on the other side of my room. 

No, I do not put my phone next to where I sleep, only because I know for a fact that I'll just keep on snoozing it and never wake up. 

Walking towards the bathroom, I grab my toothbrush and start brushing as well as doing the rest of my morning routine. Luckily, the eye bags aren't as prominent as I thought they would have been, bless the Gods above. I lazily walk towards my walk-in closet and stand there looking at the hangers upon hangers of clothes that mom forces me to buy.

Wow, I have a lot of clothes. Huh.

"Honey! Are you up?" Mom yelled from downstairs, most likely the kitchen.

"Yes!" I shouted back, with a roll of my eyes. Parents always think your in capable of doing things by yourself, even the most simple thing like waking up in the morning. 

Give me a break.

Looking at the clock I saw it was already 6:50 am and realizing that school started in 40 minutes I hurried to pick out my outfit as it took a full 20 minutes to get to school. In a hurry, I didn't quite look at what I was picking out until I was already putting it on me.

It was a plain navy blue t-shirt with a pocket on the upper left and paired with simple black jeans. Seeing as I didn't wash my hair the night before, I grabbed one of my many baseball caps and threw it on. I had dirty blonde hair so I grabbed a dark poo green colored hat which had NYC in white letters on it. It brought out my green eyes a bit, which honestly was the only reason I bought the hat.

Stepping outside of my room, I was hit by a smell that definitely came from the kitchen as it smelled like burnt toast. Instantly, I knew that it was my twin brother. He couldn't cook to save his life. 

"Mark!" I yelled my brothers name once I was in front of the kitchen.

I walked in and saw him running around the kitchen cursing and making pouty faces at his burnt toast. It was definitely a sight to laugh at.

And so I did.

"Risa, shut up," he scolded me, "remember who drives you to school."

Groaning, I walked over to the fridge and stared at it. It was full of food but then again, there was nothing I could eat. 

"It's so unfair, I want a car as well. How come you get one but I don't?" I complained, sticking out my bottom lip, "It's my last year anyways."

"Honey, you'll get it on your birthday, we've already discussed this" Dad reasoned while walking into the kitchen.

"But how come Mark got it before then?" Seeing as we were twins, it seemed unfair that he got it before me while I had to wait till our birthday, but I already knew the reason why he got it first. 

"Because he deserves it, last year was one of his best years in the academic field, he deserves a reward," mom explained. 

This was so unfair! I've been academically good all my life AND not to mention captain of the volleyball team last year.

Frustrated, I grabbed Mark's burnt toast and threw it in his face, wanting to wipe off the annoying smirk which was, oh so arrogantly, plastered there.

Dad chuckled in amusement at our fight while mom smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Alright alright, kids, enough bickering. You guys better get to school. It's already ten minutes past 7," mom scolded lightly.

Deciding to skip breakfast, I shrugged and walked to the door leading to our private parking lot towards Mark's car. Not even a second later, however, I felt a hard push behind me almost causing me to fall. Almost.

I turned around and saw Mark glancing at me with another smirk crossing his features and casually strolling past me to the drivers seat of his black Audi. I honestly don't know what dad was thinking when he agreed to buying him an Audi. I mean are you kidding me? We're in high school, but hey, if it meant I would be getting just as nice of a car, I wasn't going to complain.

I glared at his back grabbing my black jansport school bag and sat in the passenger seat with a huff with my arms crossed, still shaken up by the unfairness. I mean I love my brother and all, but seriously, he didn't deserve this kind of special treatment. 

Once we arrived at school, Mark got out of the car and quickly left to his group of guy friends.

Yep, you guessed it. Mark was the popular guy, the handsome one, playing almost all the sports and as much as I hated to admit it, he was pretty good at it. But most of all, he and his groupies were the players of the school and all the girls wanted them. I rolled my eyes at that one.

Seriously, can they be anymore cliche?

Walking towards the school entrance, I saw my group of friends. I preferred people like this, we were all close with one another but weren't the popular group, that one had to be given to Sandra and her little minions tagging by her side. 

Ugh. The hatred I had for them was just too much.

"Marrrr!" a male voice, I knew very well, yelled in my direction.

Groaning I turned to face him, "You know I hate it when you call me that, Jake," Since we met back in the 4th grade, I introduced myself to him as Risa, short for Marisa, but he dismissed it, saying that it was too mainstream so took the pleasure in calling me Mar, but problem was, I hated it, "but I'll be a good friend and let it pass since I haven't seen you all summer."

He came to hug me, easily putting his chin on top of my head as I was a lot shorter than him, only at 5'2 while he was 6 ft, giant right? Ever since we met, we instantly became friends along with the others in our group. I loved them all.

I went to join the rest of my friends, and we just stood there, talking and joking around with each other until the bell rang, signalling the start of school after a long, nice, relaxing summer break. 

END OF CHAPTER 1

Please comment your thoughts! 

How did you like this chapter? What could I do to improve?

Anyways, what do you think is going to happen? Has she met her prince charming yet ;)

MUAHAHAHAHA

Till next time!

Leah <3