Chapter 3: Surprise

Risa's POV

I found out after school that volleyball tryouts this year was on Wednesday, two days from now. However, when I went to Coach Lindsay to ask about it, she informed me that I didn't have to tryout as I was already good enough to be in the team and captain again this year. That was definitely surprising and exciting! 

I walked with Jake, Katherine, Cindy and Josh to the school's parking lot to wait for my brother to drive us home. See? This is exactly why I want my own car, so we didn't have to be stuck waiting for one another. 

"I could drive you home," Cindy offered. She came in last year but befriended the three of us quite quickly. It wasn't that hard to not be friends with her, I mean she was funny as hell! I remember a guy called her 'Oreo' because of her skin color and without even touching him, she made him cry within 3 seconds. I don't know how, but she did it. That's Cindy, it's her specialty. 

"It's fine, Mark's going to go crazy if he didn't drive me home," As much as Mark and I were mean to each other, we loved each other so much. Even though we were born on the same day, he was born minutes earlier than I was and took in the role of a protective older brother. It was sweet to know how much he cared for me even though he denied it every time I brought it up saying it was stupid, but I knew he did. 

"Fine fine, I got a party to get ready for, bitches!" Cindy yelled, "Come on Kat! Let's go!" 

The two of them along with the guys left with Cindy seeing as she was their only ride back home since they came to school with her as well. I would have car pooled with them, but like I said, Mark insists on driving me to school. 

With a sigh, I made my way towards Mark's car and waited for him. Not long after, however, he came running towards me, his hair all messed up and had lipstick on the corner of his mouth. 

I smirked. Of course. I rolled my eyes and got into the car. 

"Already huh? Only the first day," I teased. At first he looked confused but after glancing at himself through the rear mirror, he knew what I was talking about. 

"I know right, life of a handsome guy surely does suck," he arrogantly replied, "Anyways, you going to Rich's party tonight? I'm going, I could drive you."

"Nope, don't want to," I said.

"Alright," he replied. The rest of the car ride back home was in silence while I listened to music on my headphones and he focused on driving us safely. 

After arriving at our house, I slipped in the key card into the hole of the front door and it clicked open. Mom and dad were still at work, running the Stone Company or something, so Mark and I were left alone with the rest of the house keepers in the huge house. 

Even I thought it was big. I don't understand why mom wanted such a big house. 

We weren't rich before, in fact, we were very poor. When Mark and I were younger, around 4 or 5, mom and dad were nothing but workers in a bankrupt company, not being paid enough. We couldn't afford to go to places that we could now, and some times even had to skip meals. It was a horrible time for us all but after dad received an offer from a bigger company who had been watching his work for a while, things started to get better. Dad started earning more and more money, enough to feed us all and send Mark and I to school. Then he quit his job and decided to start his own company: Stone's. After the company was built, things were all rainbows and sunshine from then. I guess mom didn't want us to go through what we went through before, so she gave us everything. We moved out of our small house and into this huge house, almost like a mansion, and she started to buy us rich things, like brand name bags, clothes, shoes, etc. Even though I didn't want any of it, she forced me to wear them all. I didn't want to argue with her, so I obeyed, wearing them, but not caring that they were the expensive types. Mark and I weren't spoiled and we definitely didn't flaunt our money around because we knew how hard it was for us to even reach this point in our lives especially for mom and dad. So we respected that. 

Shaking the memory out of my head, I made my way to my room to start on the homework that were given today. Unbelievable right? It's only the first day and teachers are already handing out work. 

2 and a half hours later, I finished all my homework and was getting hungry. I checked my phone for the time.

6:58 pm.

No wonder I was so hungry. I made my way downstairs to see that Mark already left for the party but mom was in the kitchen with Raymi, our cook, making some dinner. 

"Oh, honey! I thought you left to that party with Mark," Mom said with a surprised look across her face.

"No, didn't feel like it honestly, just wanted to get homework done and rest," I replied, reaching to dip my finger into the sauce which Raymi was making. However, as my finger almost touched the sauce, my hand was swatted away by a grumpy Raymi. 

"No! You will NOT infect the sauce with your germs, you haven't even washed your hands!" she scolded me. I rolled my eyes. Raymi has been with us since we moved in and she was a great cook, too good. All the food she made was just amazing! Thinking about it made my stomach growl. 

Whining, I went to grab a plate and put a piece of steak on it and some of the sauce she had just scolded me for wanting to dip my fingers in. It was so delicious! 

"Raymiiiiiiiii, this is so good!" I moaned out, complimenting her on the steak. 

She just rolled her eyes, smiling a bit and went to grab a plate to put the steak in for herself. 

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted, "I'm going out to walk in the park for a bit! I'll be back!" I yelled towards their study room after putting my dinner plate away. 

"Okay," I heard dad yelling back, and with that, I grabbed a thin cardigan and headed outside to my favorite park. 

Near our house, there was a park where I liked to sit and enjoy listening to the peaceful sounds, sometimes I even came here to draw, it had a really beautiful scenery.

Once I arrived there, I went to my usual spot on the bench which was in front of a small lake. This place is just too beautiful, I thought. I remembered when we were younger, Mark and I would always come here to play tag and just talk about the most random things we could think of.

I smiled at the memory.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a voice beside my ear, "boo."

The next thing I know I'm screaming loudly  and my hand hits someone's face that was behind me and a groan was heard by the person who scared me.

"What the fuck, Marisa," the same voice spoke.

Wait.

What was he doing here? Much more, talking to me?

"Aiden?"

END OF CHAPTER 3

Don't forget to comment your thoughts!!! :)

Leah <3