Chapter 2: Party

Risa's POV

I walked into my English classroom where Ms. Dunford stood in front of the class wearing her typical long floral grandma dress, she practically had the same style every year. Actually, she had the same style every year. 

Although none of the teachers ever specified the student's seats, everyone knew the arrangement: Jocks and popular guys at the far back row, nerds in the most front row and the rest scatter themselves in the center. 

"Risa!" 

I turned around seeing that Katherine had called my name. Katherine was another one in our little group, she had light brown hair with hazel eyes and was at a good height of around 5'5. She was the definition of a beautiful girl. And I was definitely jealous of how pretty she was. 

"Hey!" I said after reaching where she was sitting which was around the middle row, "came to school late? Didn't see you this morning" I continued remembering how people were asking about her.

"Yeah, I-" 

She didn't get to finish her sentence, however, as Ms. Dunford started ordering the class to settle down and began teaching us, not wasting a second. With a sigh, I got all the materials out and pretended to listen. To say English class was boring, was the understatement of the year.

Half way through the period, the door burst open and Aiden Moore casually strolled into the classroom, smirking at the female population who were basically gawking at him. He ignored Ms. Dunford's heated glare on his back and made his way to the last row sitting down. He made a dramatic gesture with his hand towards Ms Dunford telling her to continue on with the class. 

"Aiden Moore," she said in a stern voice.

"Yes, Ms Dunfart ?" he said, purposely getting her name wrong which earned a few snickers from the students. Not even affected in the slightest of the even harder glare she was aiming at him, he stared back at her with those 'innocent' brown eyes. 

Everyone's eyes but mine were flickering between the two, waiting for Ms. Dunford's response. I just kept my eyes on the notebook in front of me which I had been doodling on throughout the whole class. I guess everyone still wasn't used to his crappy attitude towards the teachers here. I hated it actually, that's why I never gave him much attention. But of course, others thought differently, the females thought it was a turn on that made him even hotter. I rolled my eyes at the thought. He had always been like this to all the teachers, there wasn't anything new.

Except maybe for the fact that he got hotter this year, if that was even possible. 

Yes, that's right. Aiden was the typical player in the school, super hot, athletic, with the perfect body type with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He definitely was hot, there was no denying that but his attitude towards the teachers absolutely sucked and him being arrogant and cocky just added to that list of reasons to hate him. 

In the end, not surprisingly, the teacher gave in and didn't punish him at all. Somehow, Aiden never gets into trouble for anything that he ever does, it was quite entertaining actually, the teachers practically had to bow down to him. 

"So, what class do you have next?" Kat asked after we walked out of the classroom. 

Checking my lock screen because I had saved my schedule on there, I said, "Art. You?"

"Ugh. Computers then calculus then PE then Chemistry, thank god." 

Katherine hated all the subjects in school except chemistry, which was surprising because chemistry, well, it sucked and it was shit hard.

"Eh. We have calculus, PE and chemistry together, so that's good" I replied and we both made our separate ways to our classes. 

Turns out none of my friends had art with me so I was all alone once I got there. I didn't mind though, I enjoyed art. Drawing made me forget about everything that surrounded me at the moment and it just made me feel extremely happy. That's probably why I didn't even notice the person that came to sit next to me until he spoke up. 

"Hey beautiful, I'm hosting a party today at my house, you should come join," 

I looked up from my drawing to come face to face with none other than

Richard Jones.

Again, another one of those cocky jocks in the same group Mark was in. They honestly need to stop bothering people. It's only been 2 class periods and I've already faced three of them. Richard was another one of those players in the groups, but like I said, they were all players however Aiden was by far, the biggest of them all. 

I looked past him to see Aiden, Fred and John all smirking in my direction. Once I met their gazes, they all turned away but Aiden's lingered on me for a bit before his smirk widened and he went back to his work.

That was weird.

"No thanks, I think I'll pass," I said with an icy tone to show him how much his presence wasn't wanted here. 

He rolled his eyes, "Suit yourself, but everyone's coming since it's the first day of school".

"Exactly, it's the first day of school, all the more reasons not to go," I retorted.

He shrugged and walked back to his table with the guys as they talked about inviting other people. 

Before I knew it, it was lunch already and to say I was starving was a huge underestimate. I could eat a whole elephant if I wanted! 

After getting myself a huge slice of pizza from the cafeteria, I made my way over to the table where my friends and I always sit to hear them excitedly talking about some event coming up. 

"What's going on, what's everyone so excited about?" I asked Josh once I seated myself down along with my yummy looking pizza.

Josh gave me an amused look after seeing how big my pizza slice was before answering, "they're excited about the party Richard's hosting, apparently his parents are out of town so he decided to throw a party and turn his house into a mess," adding an eye roll at the end. 

Laughing a bit, I took a bite out of my pizza, "You don't seem too excited to go," I asked, kind of amused by his reaction. 

"Who said I was going?" He lightly retorted, "Plus should I be? It's the first day of school and they're already excited about a party," He said pointing to the rest of the people at our table who were still chatting about the upcoming party, "Are you going to go?" He asked me.

"Do I look like I want to go? Please, never in a million years will you see me at a party," giving him an eye roll of my own.

"Wanna hang then?" 

"Nah, I'll pass, I feel like just staying at home tonight, maybe later though," I replied. 

Something flickered across his features and it was easy to tell that it was disappointment. 

Hmm.

"Alright, no problem."

All too soon lunch ended and it was time to get back to class again. It was only the first day of school and I was already sick of it. 

Man, something interesting needs to happen. 

END OF CHAPTER 2

Don't forget to comment your thoughts!!! :)

Leah <3