Chapter 5: Tryouts

Risa's POV

Wednesday finally rolled around and it was already time for volleyball tryouts. Even though Coach said I didn't need to be there, I still wanted to know what was going on since I would be captain of the team. As a captain it was very important to know your teams capability if you wanted to play well with one another. Which, I wanted, obviously. 

Tryouts for Varsity girls volleyball started right after school then after, the varsity boys football tryouts, which I had to stay for seeing as my brother was trying out and he was my only ride home. 

With a sigh I made my way to the gym grabbing my hot pink Nike sports bag from my locker. I changed into black sport shorts and a white nike tank top because my outfit before wasn't good for volleyball, or doing any sports for that matter. Taking the steps two at a time I arrive in front of the court which was located on the second floor of the gymnasium. I saw that all the guys for the varsity football tryouts were already here, probably coming to look at all the butts sticking out from the slutty shorts girls were wearing. Which included Mark, Aiden and the rest of their 'Heart breaker' squad. It's what my friends and I like to call them since all they do is break girls hearts. 

Hump and dump. Their main motto. 

"Risa!" Coach yelled from the other side of the court, "I told you, you didn't have to come tryout, you've already made it!" 

I walked up to her to save myself from yelling and attracting more attention than she already had, "I know, but it's been a while since I played and I also wanted to observe the other team members," I replied politely.

"Fine by me, while you're at it, see which players are useful for the team okay?" it was nice to know she thought so highly of me even though the first year I had tryout, I failed badly. But she still gave me a spot in the team saying, and I quote, 'you have the body shape and potential'.

Nodding, I turned around and joined the circle made by the players to warm up, keeping my eyes out for anyone who could be 'potential'.

A few minutes, bumps and hits later, coach introduced me to the team as their captain and main setter. Being the setter was always my main goal position, everything about it just seemed so cool, I liked it. I surveyed all the players like she had asked me to while she instructed the players on what to do, where to hit, and shamelessly embarrassed them when they were doing something wrong. That was Coach Lindsay, if you wanted to make the team, you had to get used to that kind of treatment. 

Through out the whole time, there were occasional wolf whistles coming from the benches which caused some of the girls to giggle and stick out there asses even more. 

What sluts. 

By the end of the tryouts, I thought it was a success. The players were all in good shape and everyone seemed good for the team. Katherine and Cindy were the main spikers for the team and joined last year as well so no doubt they had also made it. I didn't want to get involve with choosing the players because I didn't like making final decisions this serious so I left that to Coach Lindsay. 

"Please tell me you guys are staying to watch the guys tryouts," I asked, practically with my fingers crossed and eyes squeezed shut, hoping they'll reply with a 'Yes'.

Fate was on my side because they both agreed to stay to keep me company, well Kat did. Cindy said she was staying to watch 'guys get shirtless and muscles flexing'. 

"That's weird, I just noticed, Sandra and her groupies didn't come tryout for volleyball," Kat mused out her thoughts to us. 

She was right. They didn't come this year. It definitely wasn't because coach told her she didn't need to come because she had told me that day that it was just between us. 

Hmm. 

"She can't," Cindy retorted, keeping her eyes fixed on the guys who had just started running laps to warm up, "she's cheer leading captain, had to go help with their tryouts today."

Right, how could I forget. She's become a cheerleader now. Sandra, the Queen Bee, captain of the cheer leading squad. How cliche can this get?

Sure enough though, she came walking into the gym, swaying her fake hips with her minions behind her, no doubt coming to watch the guys tryouts to catch her prey. 

For the rest of the time being, we all just sat there watching the guys kick the ball into the huge net. Don't get me wrong, I think football is cool, it's just it seems so boring. All they do is kick the ball and shoot it in the goal, so easy.

But, let's be real. The guys all look so hot playing the sport, it's incredible, especially Aiden. 

Whatever, he may be an egotistical jerk, but there's no denying that he's hot and playing football right now, is just...Wow. 

Half way through Aiden and all the other guys took off their shirts, leaving them in just a pair of sport shorts. 

Damn boy. 

By the end of their tryouts I was up and ready to leave before anyone else and stood by the gymnasium door waiting for Mark to get done changing. 

Hearing a disturbing noise, I tilt my head towards the direction and see Sandra giggling while running her hands down Aiden's still naked chest. Once my head turned in their direction, Aiden's eyes snapped towards mine for a split second before continuing to listen to her babble on with a blank and emotionless expression which she catches. 

Yeah, right.

Mark walks out of the changing room and a group of girls start to swarm all around him, gushing about how good he was, etc, but he shoots them all down once he sees my annoyed and frustrated appearance.

Seriously, all these guys are just so fucking annoying.

I stomp out of the gym towards Mark's car, not entirely sure why I'm pissed, just that I am. Mark follows shortly and not quick enough, we are on our way back home. 

"You okay? You seem a little flustered and," he pauses, thinking for the right word, "angered." 

On the right track, but not even close to how I feel right now. 

I give him a lazy shrug and jump out of his car ready to just hit the bed and sleep all my angers away. 

END OF CHAPTER 5

Don't forget to comment your thoughts!!! :)

Leah <3