18 - ...BIRTHDAY

DIANA, IN A FIT OF SELF-CONTROL AND PRECOGNITION, DECIDED NOT TO EAT ALL OF GWEN'S TREATS IN ONE SITTING

DIANA, IN A FIT OF SELF-CONTROL AND PRECOGNITION, DECIDED NOT TO EAT ALL OF GWEN'S TREATS IN ONE SITTING. IF SHE HAD, SHE WOULD HAVE CRASHED AND MISSED PETER'S TEXT. She had gotten home with Flash after spending a good few hours downtown with her friends where Harry serenaded her on the sidewalk and Gwen spontaneously bought her a new outfit after walking into a store, ignoring Diana's objections.

"You had a good birthday?" Rosie asked as the two stumbled into the apartment, Diana still giggling at a joke Flash had made down in the lobby.

She nodded, leaving her shoes by the door. "It was awesome, I loved it."

"Nice necklace," Jesse said, a gift bag in her hand.

Diana raised her hand up to the necklace, playing with the Pluto charm. She had put it on right after she told Flash and hadn't stopped touching it since.

"Speaking of, Parker said he had another surprise for you, are you two going out for dinner or something?" Flash asked, walking into his room, leaving the door open. Despite his feelings towards Peter, he hadn't said anything remotely negative about the boy the whole day, something Diana was grateful for.

"I dunno," Diana said, eyeing the wrapped present in his hand, "He said he'd text me."

Flash raised an eyebrow. "You're texting?"

She scoffed. "I gave him my number today and what's it to you, you text Gwen. Peter texts Harry. I text Harry."

Flash rolled his eyes, dropping the box in her hands. "I know, we all text Harry, we would all date Harry, et cetera. Well, all of us except you."

She took the box and sat down at the table. "I just didn't want to kiss him as a joke. I've never been kissed before."

He sat across from her, sharing a look with Jesse. "You haven't?"

Diana didn't respond, opting to open the present Rosie handed her. She gasped when she saw the picture of Diana and her parents when she was still small, probably no more than four. Rosie explained that she had just found the picture in storage and thought it would be a good time to bring it out.

"Well, damn, mom, I might as well return the present I got her," Flash whined, one of his legs propped up on the chair's arms, his own arm draped over his knee.

Diana just laughed and reached for his box, but he pulled it away, shaking his head. "No way, sister, I'll give this to you tomorrow. I refuse to let this present be underwhelming."

Jesse rolled her eyes, but pulled her present away too. "Yeah, I hate to say it, but I agree with Flash. I mean, my present isn't all that great, but..."

Diana nodded, snickering at her surrogate siblings. She stood up and hugged Rosie before moving to hug Flash who half-heartedly tried shoving her away. Jesse took the hug gladly, laughing.