23 - WELCOME BACK

THE FIRST THING DIANA DID WHEN STEPPING OFF THE PLANE WAS FALL ON HER FACE

THE FIRST THING DIANA DID WHEN STEPPING OFF THE PLANE WAS FALL ON HER FACE. That should have told her all she needed to know about the upcoming months ahead. But that didn't matter to her at the moment, so she just pried herself up and made her way towards the world that wasn't the same as she had left it. She didn't know that, though.

After recovering and walking towards the exit, her nose still screaming, she pulled out her phone to text Flash who was in charge of communicating with her and making sure they met up at the right time.

He replied instantaneously, letting her know that he was pulling up soon, so she should come out and wait for him by the loading zone. She frowned, confused by his wording. He was pulling up. With what car?

She grabbed her check-in bag, pulling both of her luggages behind her as she made her way outside and towards the loading zone, keeping an eye out for her surrogate brother, not that she would recognize his car if she saw it.

There was a loud honk and she turned to see Flash smirking at her. "Sup, Queen Elizabeth?" he called out in an obnoxious English accent, "Are we late for tea?"

She rolled her eyes and pulled her luggage towards him, crossing her arms so that he would be forced to load it in himself. As he did, she took the time to admire his car. She didn't know the brand, but she had to admire its sleek blue color, as well as the nice make.

"It's an Audi R8," Flash explained when he caught sight of her stare, "Now get in, I wanna get home."

She nodded and opened the door, relaxing into the cushion of the passenger seat. She buckled up and clutched the door handle, watching as Flash started the car and pulled out of the loading zone, merging onto traffic, making their way home.

"Calm down," he drawled, "I know what I'm doing." He swerved slightly in the lane just to make her scream and laughed loudly.

She glared. "You are a huge jerk and I hate you." Her words had bite, but Flash just laughed them off.

The two drove in silence for a few minutes, Diana closing her eyes and feeling the wind brush her face and blow back her hair. Flash was a fairly good driver, all things considered, and she felt safe enough to let go of the door handle and just enjoy the ride.

"Um..." he started, "You want me to fill you in on what you've missed? A lot's happened in the three months you were gone and we haven't talked in a while." He sounded tired and nervous, as if he were trapped in a cage and was throwing himself out as bait, hoping that someone would rescue him before any real damage was done.

"Sure," she replied, turning in her seat so her body was facing him, resting her head on her arms which she propped up. "How're you and Gwen?"

He gripped the steering wheel tighter and swallowed thickly. "We broke up."

She shrieked and he nearly crashed the car. His shouts were drowned out by her own demands. "What happened? Why? What did you do?"

"Why do you think I did it?" he demanded, sounding hurt, "We just didn't work out! I tried to be a good boyfriend, but we were just too different. She was a genius and I wasn't, her dad didn't like me because he knew what my dad did, stuff happened, it just didn't work!"