37 - A GREAT PARTY

IT WAS OFFICIAL: NED LEEDS WAS THE WORST AT KEEPING SECRETS

IT WAS OFFICIAL: NED LEEDS WAS THE WORST AT KEEPING SECRETS. Diana was just minding her own business, holding Gwen's feet as she did pushups, cheering on Harry who was racing Flash on the ropes, when Ned's voice echoed throughout the room.

"Peter knows Spider-Man!"

Diana resisted the urge to groan and hit herself in the face; she had to seem as shocked as everyone else. She widened her eyes and looked around, frowning when Gwen whispered, "Didn't he say Spider-Man didn't know who he was and that he only took pictures?"

She frowned; did Peter still sell his pictures to J. Jonah Jameson? She had never bothered to ask him much about it, maybe she should next time. That was also a really good point, she wondered how he was supposed to play up his lie.

She received her answer when Peter pointed in their direction-more towards Flash, who had made a snide remark about Captain America and Coach Wilson-while talking to Liz Allan and her friends, saying, "I met him through the, uh, the Stark internship. Mhm. Yeah, I'm not really supposed to talk about it."

She rolled her eyes. The Stark Internship. Of course. 'Tony Stark just saves everything,' she thought bitterly. The perfect Tony Stark who could do nothing wrong.

She knew she was being unfair, but she didn't have the heart to care at that point because she could see the way Peter was looking at Liz, the way he was talking; she had seen it for weeks. She was the girl he was telling Aunt May about. She couldn't blame him, she really couldn't. That was what made it worse.

"Well, that's awesome," Flash said, making his way towards Peter, snapping her out of her thoughts, "Hey, you know what, maybe you should invite him to Liz's party, right?"

"Shut up, Flash," she tried to call out, but her voice was too quiet. Liz had apparently invited the group a few days before; she hadn't received an invite, though Flash assured her that Liz included her name when inviting him.

"Yeah, I'm having some people over tonight," the senior said, smiling, "You guys are more than welcome to come."

Diana pursed her lips and bit her tongue. She had no reason to be angry at Liz, she didn't. She just hated the way Peter was looking at her, the way his eyes practically turned to hearts. She forced herself to look away, ignoring Gwen who tried to catch her attention.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope," Flash said, "You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man." Diana gritted her teeth, balling her hands into fists and closing her eyes.

"It's okay," Liz said and Diana turned to look at her, despite her entire body screaming at her to stop, "I know that Peter's way too busy for parties anyways, so."

"Aw, c'mon, he'll be there, right, Parker," Flash said. As he passed, he whispered into Peter's ear, "I'll be there. Diana will be there. You could introduce her to Spider-Man. Show her that you're the cool guy who broke her heart. Prove it."