fate

( agate )

( agate )

. . .

To say that you and Thor were on bad terms was an understatement. Since the day the team was formed, the two of you could never see eye to eye. It was impossible to agree on anything he said, and vice versa.

You preferred to strategize, formulate a plan, and make sure to minimize as much damage as possible. He believed in the opposite: running into battle, leaving destruction in his path. He was unruly, loud, and immature to you. You were a buzzkill, pompous and too strict for his liking. The two of you collided on how to handle missions daily, and more so on how to handle life in general. Today was one of those days.

"Thor," you snapped. You held your smashed laptop in your hand as you stomped towards him. "What did I tell you about summoning Mjolnir inside?"

Bruce took a sip of his coffee and muttered," Uh oh." He briskly walked out of the room, not wanting to get in the way of your wrath. If there was anyone else scarier than a pissed off Hulk, it was you.

Thor ignored you and mindlessly twirled Mjolnir, eyes focused on the T.V. Small clips of the morning mission flashed across the screen.

Bucky looked at you, and then to Thor who was sat beside him. "He's still not talking to you?"

Thor smiled, confirming Bucky's question.

You glared at Thor. "Bucky, tell me, who do you think did the right thing?"

The mission had started off well at first, with you and Thor only bickering once. But then, he decided that punching would longer work and simply throwing the Absorbing Man as far as he could would. And so the Absorbing Man became a bowling ball, with an abandoned building being the pin. The whole structure had become unstable and collapsed, nearly crushing passerby's. You aborted your orders of pursuing the Absorbing Man, who used the destruction as an escape, while Thor caught his breath, and instead threw up shields to protect the civilians who were about to become pancakes on the sidewalk.

Bucky scratched the back of his head nervously. "I'd rather not get involved." Your glare intensified, causing Bucky to shrink back and hold up both his hands. "Protecting the civs was a good call."

Thor dropped Mjolnir onto the floor, a large crack spread through Tony's beloved marble. "The mortals were in no danger! She let the enemy go!"

"You were buried under rubble! You didn't see some little kid almost get crushed by a slab of concrete twice his size!" you snapped. "You always do this, Thor! -"

"Well, not always," Bucky interrupted, hoping to defuse the situation. "Just sometimes he's reckless."

"Thank you for agreeing that Thor is reckless!"

Bucky gawked. "No - No, that's not what I mean."

You ignored Bucky and addressed the Asgardian, "You just charge into battle, not caring if someone around you gets hurt!"