VI.

***b a y l e e   and  k e l s e y   S o l e s   as  m a r i n a  and   l u c i n d a  R o m a n o f f

       It was bright when I woke up. The sunlight streamed into the room and shone brightly on my bed, causing my eyes to pop open in annoyance. Tilting my head to the side, my roommate was back and sleeping soundlessly on her side of the room. Looking up further to the window, little snowflakes started to fall from the cloudy sky. The sun peeping through, making our white room like a beam of white light. I pushed back the covers and rubbed my eyes for a few seconds, shots danced across my vision until it adjusted to the new light. 

I guess it wasn't a dream, I think, as I look around the room. I was still at this school, with a weird magical power, where my high school teacher was also a freak of nature. Life doesn't make sense. 

I shuffled to the bathroom, making sure that I was carefully when I closed the door, so I wouldn't wake up Blythe. 

I didn't even hear her when she came back in, I wasn't even sure if she wanted to be my friend. She never said anything when I arrived, and instead she was a bit rude and left the room leaving me to fend for myself. 

Not that you need anybody's help or charity.

 I shrug to my inner voice,  I have been alone for awhile and I knew how to take care of myself. But this was completely new territory, I didn't know any of the lingo, rules or guidelines. I didn't know how this world worked!

I showered quickly, leaving my hair up so it wouldn't get wet. Looking back at my appearance in the foggy mirror, the bags under my eyes were noticeably gone. My cheeks still had that hollow ethereal look to it, my lips tinged a light shade of pink. My hair looked more silver blonde than white today and my eyes were an icy shade of blue. Icy, how ironic. I brushed my teeth quickly, and wrapped myself into a fluffy robe on the rack before leaving the washroom, it was probably Blythe's but I didn't really care. 

When I opened the door, Blythe was standing in front of her dresser wearing a short skirt and a black bra. She gave me sort of a half smile, "That's my robe" she says pointedly. "Yeah sorry, I just took what I could find. Don't really have much with me" I shrug, seeing her nods and look back to her dresser before pulling out a crisp long sleeve button down. 

"So, you're new to this then?" She slips on the shirt and tilts her head to look back at me, and of course despite her just waking up, her hair was completely flawless. I fiddled my thumb around my necklace, which was still wet from my earlier shower. 

"Yeah." I state simply. This conversation felt somewhat awkward and I didn't know how to interact with her, how to interact with a vampire. "Well, I can show you around and teach you what you need to survive at Thornhill" She walks over to my side of the room and opens up the dresser. Blythe grabs some clothes and tosses them onto my bed, "Put these on and we'll go down to breakfast" she says before stepping out of the bathroom, leaving the door wide open.